+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Grant Obsession

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Our performance has been woeful for 20 years not 10.

It has been painful, to watch clubs like Blackpool achieve what we can't.

Back to Grant.
    If you are interested in an update on the Forest loan players at Stags here it is (from a Stags supporter who went to the match)

Jorge Grant made his debut tonight and got the Man of the Match award.

Jordan Smith made a couple of crucial outstanding saves to keep the Stags in it.

Tyler Walker scored the winner in the 89th min!

And this is interesting to us in what way ? We have the players we have and it’s those, plus a couple of additions hopefully, who will give us a chance of staying up. I’m sick of hearing about Mansfield and now even a Forest fan is here blowing their trumpet ! Please go and spread the good news how well your loaned out players are doing with your own fans I’m sure they’ll be more welcome than on here. We are suffering and it’s surprising just how many of our “non” rivals are so interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    And this is interesting to us in what way ? We have the players we have and it’s those, plus a couple of additions hopefully, who will give us a chance of staying up. I’m sick of hearing about Mansfield and now even a Forest fan is here blowing their trumpet ! Please go and spread the good news how well your loaned out players are doing with your own fans I’m sure they’ll be more welcome than on here. We are suffering and it’s surprising just how many of our “non” rivals are so interested.
    Read the thread title again.
    Think you'll find it's on topic and answers many folks saying that he won't help Notts.
    He would have, in fact all 3 would have.

Strange how when Grant/Yates were pummeling lg 2 you did want to discuss him.

Think you'll find it's on topic and answers many folks saying that he won't help Notts.

Not saying it’s off topic just sick and tired of hearing about them.
    Strange how we were discussing Grant/Yates when they were OUR players on OUR board

From what I can see once again Grant failed to score, got booked and did little else as Mansfield just beat a team even Notts beat. Tyler walker is on fire but and his dad is one of the few Florist players I have any respect for.

Thing is tricky Grant played his debut for Slags last night and would have run through brick walls to try and impress. This happened at the start of his loan with Notts and was sustained by the fact we were doing well, getting results and he had the support of the likes of Yates and Shola on the field, Nolo and Smith off it. That all went to sheite after Jan and when the results started to drop off so did his form, and when he was at his worst for us there was a level of petulance about him that resulted in him being dropped so he could sort his head out.

Yes, he can be creative and score a few goals when needed but at the same time can go missing for long periods and when his head drops he isn't the sort of player who can dig himself or his team mates out of a rut.

We now find ourselves in a bloody battle for league survival, in this instance I would be looking at players and asking myself could I rely on you to have my back in the trenches? If there is any doubt then forget them, we need players who can scrap and battle it out until the bitter end. We have players in and around the squad who if fit and available have the potential to give us the creativity when it's needed, our defensive flanks are currently our weakness and that is where we need to be investing.

Don't get me wrong, I like Grant and of course would like to have him at Notts again as an option but I'm not convinced he has the stomach for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Exactly this. I can see us getting weekly updates on how Forest's loan players are playing at Stags, or how Stags are playing in general, like it's of any significance. It's simply about sticking the boot in while we're already down, whichever way it's dressed up.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly this. I can see us getting weekly updates on how Forest's loan players are playing at Stags, or how Stags are playing in general, like it's of any significance. It's simply about sticking the boot in while we're already down, whichever way it's dressed up.
    The funny thing is, Grant has been proven to not hack League 1 so will surely be discarded by Forest at the first opportunity. This wasn't a loan of convenience to help Mansfield, it was so Forest could shop him around for the summer, otherwise he'd have gone to another league 1 club. Moron Mansfield fans on Twitter are floating yet can't comprehend the fact that he's not the right player for Notts at the moment, as they'll see when he goes missing for the vast majority of games. Luton we're that impressed by him, he was sitting behind a recovering Luke Berry in the pecking order, that should say something

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456