+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Obsession

I thought Grant Obsession was a new signing.

Anyway, typical of a few on here who only remember bits about stuff. How poor was Grant after Yates left? I think this deal had more to do with Radford's ego and showing AH who has the most clout bew**** the two Nottingham 'also ran' clubs.

If this isn't the biggest incentive to push AH to get us out of the mire, I don't know what is.

Grant was average after Yates left, not poor. He has proven that in a team doing well in L2, he can be a real asset. Mansfield are a team doing well on L2, and I expect Grant will be the type of player to push them over the line into automatic promotion contention.

As someone else has said, Mansfield have strengthened in the January window during a promotion campaign. Imagine if we'd done the same last season. Instead, we lost our best player and signed a couple of no-hopers. That's the different between the two clubs - one makes the right decisions, the other doesn't.

Right answer, big Al had the opportunity this time last year and made a very poor decision.

In the meantime he’s spent another million and we will be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This may be controversial but in my opinion Jorge Grant (nice chap as he seems) is not the Cristiano Ronaldo of League Two and is almost definitely not what the current Notts squad needs to stay up. Am I the only one fed up with the 9 year olds abusing Mr Hardy on Tw@tter about not signing him and 'letting him' go to Mansfield?

It's pathetic! I'd rather have one Jim O'Brien, from the little we've seen and heard so far, than two Jorge Grants!
    Absolutely bang on the money. We need probably another Jim O'Brien and a target man. We don't need Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Right answer, big Al had the opportunity this time last year and made a very poor decision.

In the meantime he’s spent another million and we will be relegated.
    Yep,would have cost a lot less last Jan to invest & push on

Find myself agreeing with Swale. What about other local clubs like Derby or Leicester? Secondly is there anyone else in the pipeline? Surely there must be a couple out there of O'Brien's standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Depends which Grant we got. The Mark I version would be a real asset, the Mark II version not worth bothering with.
    Whichever Grant we got would have been better than Thomas. But I agree, it's time to move on. In fact, the main person bigging up Grant over the last 2 years has been Hardy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    2 goals and 1 assist this season in 17 games. clearly cant the rug in league one. rubbish stats.

no thanks stags are welcome to him to be honest.
    That's counting any appearance though and a lot of them for Luton this season have been off the bench, he's only played more than 70 minutes 8 times this season so it doesn't really tell the full story. It's also the league above us so doesn't really matter much, in League two last season he gave us 21 goals including his assists in 45 out of 46 league games he appeared in. People always beg for a 20 goal a season striker but for some reason don't want a winger than can give you 20 goals?

I’m not disappointed we didn’t get Grant, but if nothing else he would have improved our dead ball deliveries. Our free kick “routines” are pathetic and we rarely threaten at corners. I dread to think what the comparative stats are on number of goals we’ve scored/conceded from set-pieces this season. (We conceded 2 to Cambridge alone from corners to the far post.)

If we get Enzio back fit soon, he’ll be like a new signing. Our priority has got to be a new Shola, but with less miles on the clock, and a new Yates.

Mansfield now have 3 players on loan from F*****, so they have definitely forged a bond there. We’d better get on the phone to Derby and Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    That's counting any appearance though and a lot of them for Luton this season have been off the bench, he's only played more than 70 minutes 8 times this season so it doesn't really tell the full story. It's also the league above us so doesn't really matter much, in League two last season he gave us 21 goals including his assists in 45 out of 46 league games he appeared in. People always beg for a 20 goal a season striker but for some reason don't want a winger than can give you 20 goals?
    He wouldn't really fit into our style of play now. Most of his goals game from getting the knock downs from Ameobi and running in from midfield, without a target man, he's going to just be a passenger

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast