+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Obsession

I would of liked grant but to play more in the middle cant see why hes a winger really no pace or tricks but as a number 10 getting more involved and more shots i think hed be a better player. But its pointless talking about him so ill stop lol

Agree with Swale on this one. We have other priorities. We can't afford passengers, and grant is that most of the time. He was drifting in and out of games last year, and we have plenty of other players with the ability to do that.

I think Grant would have been a great signing for us, as he was when were in a similar position 2 years ago. He improved a poor team. We currently have Cedric Evina taking corners, and Nathan Thomas taking free kicks.

Not seen Mansfield play, so not sure whether he’ll improve them. I’m inclined to think he won’t, given how he performed for us when we were near the top of the table in the second half of last season.

I've kept out of this one, but think Grant needs defending.
    In a decent team, he would give you an edge that no one else haves. I think he'll do OK at Stagsfield.

In a poor team, you're going to ask him to do things that he isn't good at and doesn't want to do.
    It's more a yard stick of how ****e this Notts team really is. Vaughan gets no end of flack. You don't go from a Championship play maker to a bucket of pig swill overnight.
    Square peg, round hole.

So no, signing Grant wouldn't change much for you. Even Yates on his own wouldn't stop this slide. You need four minimum quality players NOW.

Swale can play down the AH -NFFC fall out all he wants. AH ruffled feathers like it or not.
    Notts could be about to pay a price for that unfortunately.
    Mansfield seem to have jumped on that opportunity as a result.

Shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    In a decent team, he would give you an edge that no one else haves. I think he'll do OK at Stagsfield.

In a poor team, you're going to ask him to do things that he isn't good at and doesn't want to do.
    It's more a yard stick of how ****e this Notts team really is. Vaughan gets no end of flack. You don't go from a Championship play maker to a bucket of pig swill overnight.
    Square peg, round hole.

So no, signing Grant wouldn't change much for you. Even Yates on his own wouldn't stop this slide. You need four minimum quality players NOW.

Swale can play down the AH -NFFC fall out all he wants. AH ruffled feathers like it or not.

Shame really.
    As I said to a fellow Red last night Grant did well for us when he first joined us and we were 23rd then so I have no reason to believe he wouldn't do well now obviously Stags are the better option for him / you.

As for Vaughan he wouldn't be in league two if he was a quality playmaker I had a feeling he wouldn't work not because he lacks skills but in league two you need grafters in the middle of the park especially if you play 4-4-2 which we did at the start of the season as far as i'm concerned Vaughan is finished.

I agree AH has upset people but Forest aren't the only club we can sign players from and also we do have our own youngsters we could give them a chance some will say they aren't good enough my response would be why have we given them a pro contract then !
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-01-2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I agree AH has upset people but Forest aren't the only club we can sign players from.
    I think you're wasting your time on that one! He's convinced that the sole reason we are stuck at the bottom is because Hardy upset Forest and we didn't borrow any of their players.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Depends which Grant we got. The Mark I version would be a real asset, the Mark II version not worth bothering with.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    If this isn't the biggest incentive to push AH to get us out of the mire, I don't know what is.
    Spot on! I also have a feeling this season is Radford's big financial throw of the dice so can't blaming him for trying to load them with good signings when they have a shot of going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Square peg, round hole.

Shame really.
    I think, as usual, you're missing the point. Grant is a good player but not what we (That's Notts County, whose messageboard you are a guest on) need at this current point. I think he'll do well at Mansfield and I like him as a bloke and a player but we have other priorities now.

As for me 'playing down' the AH/NFFC thing, the only people upset by it were Forest fans. If you buy into this high-level annoyance with Notts at the CG you're more naiive than even we think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you're wasting your time on that one! He's convinced that the sole reason we are stuck at the bottom is because Hardy upset Forest and we didn't borrow any of their players.
    It fits the classic Forest fan narrative you see?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast