+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Alan Hardy. Please look at The Radfords on how to run a Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Let's hope the next time you look they aren't in division 1 and we aren't in the conference.
    I looked again. No change other than the wasted young talent they signed got booked in his first game and didnt score again.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Radford (not Radcliffe's) bought MTFC when we were a mid table Blue Square Bet Premier (aka conference) side, who had recently been locked out our ground by our landlord.

We reached the playoffs in yr 2 and won the conference title in yr 3.

Since then he has reacquired our stadium which is now club owned. He has also acquired land and built a fantastic training facility and has planning permission for a 100 bed hotel with an operator also lined up, and has plans to redevelop the Bishop Street side of the ground.

Meanwhile he has created a vast youth system, a ladies team, and fostered a partnership with Brooksby College in Melton Mowbray where youth teamers are based and educated.

The brand and the business continue to do well with his rising investment into the football staff and team.

As a result attendances are on the up.

It has taken this long due to the mess that he purchased. Though I fully believe that the best is yet to come.
    I apologise for my error. In all fairness I want Notts to be you at the moment. It's interesting that nobody can really put the finger on where it has all gone wrong at Notts over the years. The one thing that Stags have is steady stability. The one thing Notts have is a ****in roller coaster. I am no fan of Hardy who for all his millions has achieved squat nor was I fan of Trew. Neither of these chairmen were / are people who could stick to their guns. Give me a smaller well managed budget and a steady Eddie anyday over the current and previous shambles with constant band aid solutions and short termism who both masquerade as 5 year plans etc etc. Not interested you cant make a 5 year plan in football!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Easily done if you've got extra fingers

That's why you counted it so easily then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chockwood View Post
    Wouldn't disagree with much of what you say there SP. As for the going out of business stuff , and you can correct me if I'm wrong here but I think I've seen 2 or 3 people that post that sentiment and it doesn't surprise me looking at what they post, I think they want every local rival to go out of business which most balanced folk think is just ridiculous , and as I've said on here before now, a typical game against the likes of last night with a visiting support of 24 against a full blooded derby doesn't bear comparison to me and most others. Regarding a 50 page thread, I don't think it's that long but even so, a lot of it is directed at Hardy because he sets himself up for folk to go at. I'm not excusing anything on either 'side' as it should be, should be, BANTER not pubescent bull which it invariably escalates into.
    As for this being a County board and posters from other clubs not being welcome by some, well I guess threads like this wouldn't last long if rivals were banned. If you look at Bobs Board, no opposition fans are allowed if they are uncovered, and what a dull thing it is.
    There is conversation on here, many don't agree, some you can have the craic with and it's enjoyable , just a shame that some want to build walls even if it's in cyberspace. Stagsnet is open to all, yes there are some which will give you grief etc, but in an ideal world we could all argue the toss without resorting to the mob mentality.
    Fair enough Chockwood. And for what it's worth, I welcome fans from other clubs onto our board if they're here to discuss football and not just wind people up. I enjoy perusing other clubs' boards as well, as it helps get a different angle on things - particularly regarding performances in games against us. I just can't be doing with the juvenile 'your club's **** and our club's great' stuff that people seem obsessed with.

We have league tables to show exactly how teams are fairing in relation to each other, and clubs' histories to see how they compare over longer periods. Literally no self-respecting football fan would ever change clubs because their one wasn't doing very well, so I just don't see the point in half the stuff that's written.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 17-01-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910