+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Alan Hardy. Please look at The Radfords on how to run a Football Club

As much as I hate to raise the issue but providing we get something out of the game against Mansfailed then the better they do the more chance we have of survival.
    Come on you stags.

I wonder if Mansfield fans were saying that the Radfords should copy Hardy last season when we were top of the table and then finishing in the play offs whilst they finished below us despite spending big on players from a higher division?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The last time I looked Mansfailed had won nothing under the radcliffes tenure and were still in the same league they started in under their tenure. the last time I looked Notts had won nothing under the Hardy tenure and were still in the same league they started in under his tenure.
    Radford (not Radcliffe's) bought MTFC when we were a mid table Blue Square Bet Premier (aka conference) side, who had recently been locked out our ground by our landlord.

We reached the playoffs in yr 2 and won the conference title in yr 3.

Since then he has reacquired our stadium which is now club owned. He has also acquired land and built a fantastic training facility and has planning permission for a 100 bed hotel with an operator also lined up, and has plans to redevelop the Bishop Street side of the ground.

Meanwhile he has created a vast youth system, a ladies team, and fostered a partnership with Brooksby College in Melton Mowbray where youth teamers are based and educated.

The brand and the business continue to do well with his rising investment into the football staff and team.

As a result attendances are on the up.

It has taken this long due to the mess that he purchased. Though I fully believe that the best is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Radford (not Radcliffe's) bought MTFC when we were a mid table Blue Square Bet Premier (aka conference) side, who had recently been locked out our ground by our landlord.

Since then he has reacquired our stadium which is now club owned. He has also acquired land and built a fantastic training facility and has planning permission for a 100 bed hotel with an operator also lined up, and has plans to redevelop the Bishop Street side of the ground.

Meanwhile he has created a vast youth system, a ladies team, and fostered a partnership with Brooksby College in Melton Mowbray where youth teamers are based and educated.

The brand and the business continue to do well with his rising investment into the football staff and team.

It has taken this long due to the mess that he purchased. Though I fully believe that the best is yet to come.
    Thanks for sharing that, it makes my day much better now

Though I fully believe that the best is yet to come.
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Football is like that, just when you think you're on the 'up', oops!!! Trust us, we know.

Genuine question.

How many of the 'Vast youth system' have made it into the first team or are now playing in the League for other teams.

I genuinely don't know but would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The thing is, this is a Notts board. Do we turn up on your board and start posting drivel? I don't even know what board Mansfield use. I am as likely to use it as the A60.
    A blackboard with crayons...

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Genuine question.

How many of the 'Vast youth system' have made it into the first team or are now playing in the League for other teams.

I genuinely don't know but would be interested.
    That's totally irrelevant and typical of the short sightedness shown on here by some posters. Radford has invested wisely and built an infrastructure what do we have to show for 9m?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    That's totally irrelevant and typical of the short sightedness shown on here by some posters. Radford has invested wisely and built an infrastructure what do we have to show for 9m?
    Sorry to be a pedant, but doesn't the £9 million figure include the purchase price and paying off debts as well as money invested in improving the club infrastructure? If so, the whole 'what do we have to show for 9 mill' thing doesn't really work. We have a football club to show for it, as apposed to not having one.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Did I ask you? It's not totally irrelevant at all, nor short-sighted. Let's let a Mansfield fan answer it.

Still, any excuse to continue your hatred of anything Notts.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast