+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Alan Hardy. Please look at The Radfords on how to run a Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    That's totally irrelevant and typical of the short sightedness shown on here by some posters. Radford has invested wisely and built an infrastructure what do we have to show for 9m?
    I'll ask because you appear to know, but how much has Radford invested in total with the Stags?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Genuine question.

How many of the 'Vast youth system' have made it into the first team or are now playing in the League for other teams.

I genuinely don't know but would be interested.
    The YT system, not that I am very knowledgeable about this, is still in its infancy. The player closest to the match day squad is Jordan Graham, and we have 8 YT players in with the first team squad training regularly.

I felt I should post originally because Queensland Pie said that Radford hadn't been successful. I think he has, but it's all relative.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Sorry to be a pedant, but doesn't the £9 million figure include the purchase price and paying off debts as well as money invested in improving the club infrastructure? If so, the whole 'what do we have to show for 9 mill' thing doesn't really work. We have a football club to show for it, as apposed to not having one.
    How do you know the debts are paid off? Are you saying we are debt free, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    The YT system, not that I am very knowledgeable about this, is still in its infancy. The player closest to the match day squad is Jordan Graham, and we have 8 YT players in with the first team squad training regularly.

I felt I should post originally because Queensland Pie said that Radford hadn't been successful. I think he has, but it's all relative.
    He's been pretty successful compared to our custodian.

How do you know the debts are paid off? Are you saying we are debt free, how do you know?
    Oh I forgot to ask. What do we actually own? The Stadium, training ground.What assets do we have?

I don't know, hence my original question. Does the £9 mill include the purchase of the club and the paying off of any debts?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I was once out in Mansfield when I was approached by a 'Lady of the night'. She asked me if I would like to go back to her place for some fun, and my excuse was that I'd only got a quid on me.

She said "Don't worry luv, I've got change".
    And l thought you were going to say, l have only got a Dustbin Lid love and she said, ' that won't cover it me duck '.

Ok l'll get my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think you're a bit mixed up there. I've looked at your board, and there is a thread that's well over 50 pages long basically dedicated to laughing at our demise and taking the piss out of our owner. Most of it is juvenile nonsense about the shape of his head, but there's also plenty of genuine hatred coming our way. I don't think you'll find anyone on here throwing around comments talking about how we wish Mansfield nothing but pain and suffering, how we want to dance on your club's grave, or joking about your owner killing himself (complete with laughing emoji).

Football is all about banter and healthy rivalries, but when it turns into something supremely negative and destructive, I think it's a step too far - no matter which fans are involved.

As for obsessed, it seems to me that the better you do and the worse we do, the more interested your fans become in our so-called rivalry. I can only speak for myself, but I honestly cannot remember the circumstances around your relegation to the Conference, nor your promotion back into L2. I couldn't tell you when that happened, or what happened in between, simply because I couldn't care less. Let's see how your fans react if/when we go down and you go up, shall we?

One more thing, when I talk about banter, I'm talking about the 'Mansfield fans are all inbreds/Notts fans are all bed-wetters' stuff. No problem with that at all - it merely takes a false assumption about each group of fans and runs with it. There's no real hatred behind it. But wishing a club go out of business or that the fans suffer is something totally different. We're all football fans, and we all love our clubs. I'd personally never wish what's happened to Stockport, or what's happening to Chesterfield, on any set of fans.

Wouldn't disagree with much of what you say there SP. As for the going out of business stuff , and you can correct me if I'm wrong here but I think I've seen 2 or 3 people that post that sentiment and it doesn't surprise me looking at what they post, I think they want every local rival to go out of business which most balanced folk think is just ridiculous , and as I've said on here before now, a typical game against the likes of last night with a visiting support of 24 against a full blooded derby doesn't bear comparison to me and most others. Regarding a 50 page thread, I don't think it's that long but even so, a lot of it is directed at Hardy because he sets himself up for folk to go at. I'm not excusing anything on either 'side' as it should be, should be, BANTER not pubescent bull which it invariably escalates into.
    As for this being a County board and posters from other clubs not being welcome by some, well I guess threads like this wouldn't last long if rivals were banned. If you look at Bobs Board, no opposition fans are allowed if they are uncovered, and what a dull thing it is.
    There is conversation on here, many don't agree, some you can have the craic with and it's enjoyable , just a shame that some want to build walls even if it's in cyberspace. Stagsnet is open to all, yes there are some which will give you grief etc, but in an ideal world we could all argue the toss without resorting to the mob mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Chockwood View Post
    Wouldn't disagree with much of what you say there SP. As for the going out of business stuff , and you can correct me if I'm wrong here but I think I've seen 2 or 3 people that post that sentiment and it doesn't surprise me looking at what they post, I think they want every local rival to go out of business which most balanced folk think is just ridiculous , and as I've said on here before now, a typical game against the likes of last night with a visiting support of 24 against a full blooded derby doesn't bear comparison to me and most others. Regarding a 50 page thread, I don't think it's that long but even so, a lot of it is directed at Hardy because he sets himself up for folk to go at. I'm not excusing anything on either 'side' as it should be, should be, BANTER not pubescent bull which it invariably escalates into.
    As for this being a County board and posters from other clubs not being welcome by some, well I guess threads like this wouldn't last long if rivals were banned. If you look at Bobs Board, no opposition fans are allowed if they are uncovered, and what a dull thing it is.
    There is conversation on here, many don't agree, some you can have the craic with and it's enjoyable , just a shame that some want to build walls even if it's in cyberspace. Stagsnet is open to all, yes there are some which will give you grief etc, but in an ideal world we could all argue the toss without resorting to the mob mentality.

Blimey you're right 54 pages....

Quote Originally Posted by Chockwood View Post
    Blimey you're right 54 pages....
    Easily done if you've got extra fingers

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast