+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drewe Broughton interview

Drewe Broughton interview

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Davis (Advertiser) View Post
    Nice article Paul. Hope I never meet him in Tesco

What this piece of writing has done is opened up the human element of being a player. It is easy to think that being a football on unimaginable salaries (even at lower league will in most cases by significantly more than any other job) girls at your feet and life is great. As fans I guess we mostly see the caricature of a footballer and not the person. Last week I read comments about players not being fit to wear the shirt with particular negative comments aimed at one or two of our player.
    I fail to see how any Rotherham United player can be criticised for their efforts this season but the comments are a reaction to a disappointment we all shared. However, the comments were aimed at a group of young men many not mature enough to create a perspective
    The strongest will learn to deal with them but for others they will carry the comments into the next game – the impacts will be culminative. We have a manager who understands his players are human but as fans, generally we don’t. We pay our money and are entitled to our opinion and in an unaccountable way we vent them. Its just worth a thought don’t you think?

Well done Drew and Paul for bringing this important piece to us.

Nice piece from Paul but a great reflection by Zouch.

he looks a bit over weight in the picture of him celebrating a goal