+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Club statement

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Clearly there is open hostility between FPS and DFCSS, stemming back to the takeover. The club needs FPS, no-one needs DFCSS, so as they want to sell the A shares, just get on with it.
    Be interesting to hear what the Dfcss members think of the club statement.

Was it presented to them in the same way from dfcss board members?

I never read any member post that it was Dfcss that instigated it.....if indeed that's what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Be interesting to hear what the Dfcss members think of the club statement.

Was it presented to them in the same way from dfcss board members?

I never read any member post that it was Dfcss that instigated it.....if indeed that's what happened.
    just lets remember mr nelms hasn't been very good at his job so far,so i like you will await the response from the dfcss rros,i think everyone should be aware that the A shares and all the assurances that they carry are at their most vulnerable when the fans get divided,
    i still smell a big stinking pile of dufc

There are no minutes from any meeting DFCSS may have had in July 2018, so we'll never know if DFCSS instigated it. What a surprise.

I think we can all agree that Nelms is a moron and not fit for his role, but surprised so many folk are distrusting of Keyes, a guy who has put £3m into the club so far. If he is to be trusted, he wants to make DBH the parent of DFC, so he can transfer losses from the club to the holding company, which he expects to be making profits at some point in the future. Given his £3m investment so far, does that seem unreasonable? I think FPS may also be constrained in future if the club can't 'borrow' from them/DBH as there are no shares left for them to buy to absorb losses. If you agree that FPS are the best owners we've ever had, I think they need to have the freedoms they want.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    just lets remember mr nelms hasn't been very good at his job so far,so i like you will await the response from the dfcss rros,i think everyone should be aware that the A shares and all the assurances that they carry are at their most vulnerable when the fans get divided,
    i still smell a big stinking pile of dufc
    Tim Keys will be the judge of Nelms ability in his job not some guys on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    It seems to me the statement says or implies:
    1. A shares are not required for tax relief, but 75pc shareholding is.
    2. FPS were going for a share issue to achieve that.
    3. DFCSS said why not do this instead.
    4. FPS agreed that was a simpler route.
    5. Negotiations dragged on.
    6. Merger has never been discussed or contemplated.
    7. DFCSS are responsible for merger scare stories.
    How much of that is true?
    There is nothing to stop FPS purchasing 7.7% of the ordinary shares held by DFCSS which would allow them to acquire a 75% shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited which would allow them to alter the Articles of Association.
    There is no need for FPS to purchase the A shares from DFCSS unless they have a hidden agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Tim Keys will be the judge of Nelms ability in his job not some guys on a message board.
    Prior to being appointed managing director (now chief executive) of Dundee Football Club John Nelms was Executive Director of Dynamo Juniors of Central Texas. http://www.djct.org/about-our-program/djct-partners
    This may account for John Nelms lack of knowledge about the signing of players. I cannot imagine that Dynamo Juniors had much dealing with agents regarding the signing of new players

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    There is nothing to stop FPS purchasing 7.7% of the ordinary shares held by DFCSS which would allow them to acquire a 75% shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited which would allow them to alter the Articles of Association.
    There is no need for FPS to purchase the A shares from DFCSS unless they have a hidden agenda.
    Why bother quoting a post you haven't read?

lol nothing like stating the obvious noah in other words nae sh*t sherlock,true though il give you credit for that

Wrong, we can all judge him but only Tim Keyes can do something if his judgement of him isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Wrong, we can all judge him but only Tim Keyes can do something if his judgement of him isn't good.
    Correct, the fans should judge anything and everything 're DFC.....from hoses to hospitality.....from the state of the Derry to moving from Dens.....from Moussa to mince pehs.....everything

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)