+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sam Osborne

Sam Osborne

Scored again in 2-1 victory v Stags......when is this lad going to get a chance?
    Right wing-back v Yeovil?

Agreed I've watched him s couple of times for the reserves and he deserves a chance

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Scored again in 2-1 victory v Stags......when is this lad going to get a chance?
    Right wing-back v Yeovil?
    I think its a fair question....

Nathan Thomas scored twice last week, the standard is awful, there's a reason Will Patching shines in those games too and does nothing when he plays in the first team. Winger and wing back are completely different positions, it worked with Victor Moses but name another player that made that switch...

Ardley has said impressing him in training against actual first team players goes further towards getting a first team chance than playing against other teams kids

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Nathan Thomas scored twice last week, the standard is awful, there's a reason Will Patching shines in those games too and does nothing when he plays in the first team. Winger and wing back are completely different positions, it worked with Victor Moses but name another player that made that switch...

Ardley has said impressing him in training against actual first team players goes further towards getting a first team chance than playing against other teams kids
    The difference being, is that Osborne has played well on his few outings compared to the others...Thats why he deserves his chance over the other lazy barstools.. Also, these so called first team regulars who impress Ardley in training then do sod all when it comes to first team games need booting out of the club.....

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post

Terry Cooper at Leeds and Ashley Young at Man Utd.

Until we are in a position to play with 2 out and out wingers it’s a no from me. I have nothing against the lad and comparing his situation to Moses, Young and Cooper is bonkers. Moses and Young in particular were surrounded by top quality players. Ozzy wouldn’t be. Both those players had a number of 1st team games prior to there switching of positions.
    Scoring and playing well in the standard that the reserves find themselves in is probably worse than when a Liverpool player called Virtue was playing well in the Prem U23s League, and look how that turned out.
    I trust NA judgement.

I would much prefer Osborne to come off the bench in games than Thomas - which currently seems to be the standard swap NA always makes after about an hour-70 minutes. Thomas’ attitude sucks - that pathetic strop when he was taken off in a game; the selfishnesss and lack of application. I’m sure that if nothing else Osborne would be fully committed to the cause.