+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL Launch spygate investigation

They need to set a precedent and make an example of Leeds, however I've not heard anything from the FA about their keepers boot to the face of Holmes, looks like he got away with a 5 game ban

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    See you were at the back of the queue when brains were being given out
    Name:  laugh-3.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  99.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    regarding spygate the danger is that the media frenzy pressures EFL into imposing a totally excessive and unjustified fine and 20 point deduction.

Hopefully
    I kinda get this feeling you don't like us

Last edited by Rev72; 18-01-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Rev what have you that impression. By the way I don't think it will be points deductuon hope not it doesn't merit it Think it will just be touch line ban and fine

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Rev what have you that impression. By the way I don't think it will be points deductuon hope not it doesn't merit it Think it will just be touch line ban and fine
    OK..it was a touch naughty and not the done thing in this country but lets be honest most club's have probably done it over the years.
    Lots of clubs have open training sessions so whats to say a scout or a spy from another club goes along for a sneak preview of whats going on with certain players,tactics etc.Then there is always 'inside info' obtained one way or another.Add to that the amount of clubs who train outdoors and can be easily seen by public eye.

EFL want to tread carefully with the punishment they dish out..they could be opening a real big can of worms.

Name:  DxAtc3JX0AEtxyD.jpg large.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  98.9 KB
    Last edited by Rev72; 18-01-2019 at 01:31 PM.

The whole thing has blown way out of proportion imo

Any type of punishment would be totally fu***** stupid as well, a points deduction? for what? watching a training session ffs

We could have done the same to them as well, but didn't so that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    George my boy, you should check your history and look at how many times the footballing authorities have done us for offences others get away with. Seems we have common ground.

I am one of those with no great love for the DYS. Revies's tactics in the early 70s were disgusting IMO. The players kicked everything that moved and some things that didn't move.... just in case. The fans had a similar attitude.

Case in point #1. Early 70s, my best mate and I travelled up to yours with our GFs. Stood in the end opposite the Gelderd. 10 minutes brfore time we heard a shout of "there's the *******s, get em" away to our left and a swathe of 30 to 40 LSC or the forerunner thereof were making their way towards us. Two 17 year old lads and their 16 year old girl friends. We started to push and shove our way right in the direction of the exits. got out and legged it. The "brave" DYS foot soldiers still intent on getting us. We let the girls get well ahead of us so that, if we looked like getting caught, Phil and I could turn and accept a beating to save the girls. It never came to that as we managed to stay ahead of them. Then we got to the station and had to fight our way through more of the thugs to get onto the station. No help from Plod who simply stood and watched.

Another in the early 80s. Sat with a few friends (about 20 of us all aged 30+). There a a group of similar size DYS fans, all aged around 20, sat 20 yards away to our right. They were abusing families. They were spitting on them. They even hit a couple of blokes who asked them to behave. Neither Plod nor the stewards did anything. We went to Plod and asked them to do something to stop it. They weren't intending to do so. They were told, you stop it or we will. It never came to blows. As soon as the brave lads saw men coming at them they exited as fast as possible. We travelled all over the country and the DYS were the only lot our group ever made a move at and we did that to stop their atrocious behaviour.

I have, IMO, good reason for my dislike of everything DYS. Thugs on the field and off it. The current lot on it are not as bad as their predecessors but they are close to the line between the acceptable and the unacceptable.

There is no doubting that the DYS side of the 70s had some great players in it. I have always maintained that, had they spent more time and effort playing the game rather than surrounding the ref 20 times a game and kicking lumps out of the opposition, they would have won more trophies than they did. Liverpool would not have been as dominant as they were and we might have missed out on one or both of our League titles.

So, not an unexplainable dislike for the DYS but an easily explained and easily understood one from.

Your current squad? Certainly good enough to go up, with or without Bielsa's methods which can be described either as being totally thorough or over the top, depending on your point of view. I thought Jack Clarke was excellent against us and, I predict that if you somehow miss out on promotion this season, he will be in the Premier League next season without you. I rate the lad that highly.

My God.....and they accuse us of living in the past. Come on surely you can do better then this.

Believe me the feeling is mutual between our clubs, I don't like and never have liked derby. No need to once again turn over back pages. Not even going to try and explain how football was and how it is today, surely if you was around you would think you'd understand, a long blown out boring bunch of drival, only surprise was you never mentioned Peter Taylor.

Once this stupid pantomime has blown over, your clown will be looking the ass he is. Our guy has nothing to prove to the likes of him, you know it, I know it.....and most in football know it.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Any type of punishment would be totally fu***** stupid as well, a points deduction? for what? watching a training session ffs

Thank you, well put. It's boardering on the ridiculous. At the very least it sold a few papers...and brought me over here for banter!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Well said fella.

Hope Leeds get whats coming to them, 'we don't care we're Leeds we're used to being shafted' , no but you do care thats why you're here whining, you can't handle the fact you've been caught spying and are being investigated just on that incident alone thats without the further revelation from weasel that he's done it to every team and shown how much effort he's put into it and how many people it takes to put all that lot together(20 I believe so not just one spy)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)