+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL Launch spygate investigation

What a moby.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Laughing stock That's good coming from a club who have not seen a ball kick in the Prem for. 5,547 days but still think they are a big club 14 managers in the last seven years So really think the football world ain't laughing at your cheating club By the way how was div three Big clubs don't go there

....and don't we know it mistaram, other fans like to rub the "big club" in our faces, most LEEDS fans know the garbage we've been in and through this past number of years. Hating LEEDS is in vogue we know that too, another club wouldn't be getting the press and nonsense we are getting, we at LEEDS know all about the bias of the FL & FA against our club, it goes as they say with the territory, it's nothing new, we deal with it. Btw would you class man city as a biggish club?
    We don't live in the past our haters do.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    George, you may be right. However, how do you explain both the FA and the EFL actively investigating occurrences if there is nothing in it?
    LEEDS and the FL & FA at a wild guess do not send each other Xmas cards. Any chance they can put either the knife or boot in to harm LUFC in any possible way......they will. Most football folk know this including your head clown, look no further then that Schitt stirrer and look where he came from and the money too.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    ......very good! Much better response.

Talking of God, I thank him you won the other night, otherwise your clown would have been back in front of the lense damning LEEDS......and I'm asking him to help along with 'our' God that Accy spank you good and proper in the next round! I into thinking we, LUFC will help Accy as much as possible.....hey there goes the penance thingy
    In his last 2 interviews, FL has been asked questions on "Spygate". In both he has steadfastly refused to give any further comment. I think DYS fans must all read the Sun as they don't like facts to get in the way of a good story

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    LEEDS and the FL & FA at a wild guess do not send each other Xmas cards. Any chance they can put either the knife or boot in to harm LUFC in any possible way......they will. Most football folk know this including your head clown, look no further then that Schitt stirrer and look where he came from and the money too.
    George my boy, you should check your history and look at how many times the footballing authorities have done us for offences others get away with. Seems we have common ground.

I am one of those with no great love for the DYS. Revies's tactics in the early 70s were disgusting IMO. The players kicked everything that moved and some things that didn't move.... just in case. The fans had a similar attitude.

Case in point #1. Early 70s, my best mate and I travelled up to yours with our GFs. Stood in the end opposite the Gelderd. 10 minutes brfore time we heard a shout of "there's the *******s, get em" away to our left and a swathe of 30 to 40 LSC or the forerunner thereof were making their way towards us. Two 17 year old lads and their 16 year old girl friends. We started to push and shove our way right in the direction of the exits. got out and legged it. The "brave" DYS foot soldiers still intent on getting us. We let the girls get well ahead of us so that, if we looked like getting caught, Phil and I could turn and accept a beating to save the girls. It never came to that as we managed to stay ahead of them. Then we got to the station and had to fight our way through more of the thugs to get onto the station. No help from Plod who simply stood and watched.

Another in the early 80s. Sat with a few friends (about 20 of us all aged 30+). There a a group of similar size DYS fans, all aged around 20, sat 20 yards away to our right. They were abusing families. They were spitting on them. They even hit a couple of blokes who asked them to behave. Neither Plod nor the stewards did anything. We went to Plod and asked them to do something to stop it. They weren't intending to do so. They were told, you stop it or we will. It never came to blows. As soon as the brave lads saw men coming at them they exited as fast as possible. We travelled all over the country and the DYS were the only lot our group ever made a move at and we did that to stop their atrocious behaviour.

I have, IMO, good reason for my dislike of everything DYS. Thugs on the field and off it. The current lot on it are not as bad as their predecessors but they are close to the line between the acceptable and the unacceptable.

There is no doubting that the DYS side of the 70s had some great players in it. I have always maintained that, had they spent more time and effort playing the game rather than surrounding the ref 20 times a game and kicking lumps out of the opposition, they would have won more trophies than they did. Liverpool would not have been as dominant as they were and we might have missed out on one or both of our League titles.

So, not an unexplainable dislike for the DYS but an easily explained and easily understood one from.

Your current squad? Certainly good enough to go up, with or without Bielsa's methods which can be described either as being totally thorough or over the top, depending on your point of view. I thought Jack Clarke was excellent against us and, I predict that if you somehow miss out on promotion this season, he will be in the Premier League next season without you. I rate the lad that highly.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 18-01-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    What a moby.
    Great response...well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Oh I saw fat frankie lumplard dive and cheat many many times when he played for chelsea..saw a few of your players cheat over the 2 games as well..must have had instructions from fat frankie..who also cheated on his wife and 2 kids..cheats all over the flipping place..you can't move for em

You got hammered twice by a far better team..that is the FACT..calling us cheats cos your manager is clueless..priceless.

Thanks for the 6 points and 2 very easy games
    See you were at the back of the queue when brains were being given out

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    George my boy, you should check your history and look at how many times the footballing authorities have done us for offences others get away with. Seems we have common ground.

I am one of those with no great love for the DYS. Revies's tactics in the early 70s were disgusting IMO. The players kicked everything that moved and some things that didn't move.... just in case. The fans had a similar attitude.

Case in point #1. Early 70s, my best mate and I travelled up to yours with our GFs. Stood in the end opposite the Gelderd. 10 minutes brfore time we heard a shout of "there's the *******s, get em" away to our left and a swathe of 30 to 40 LSC or the forerunner thereof were making their way towards us. Two 17 year old lads and their 16 year old girl friends. We started to push and shove our way right in the direction of the exits. got out and legged it. The "brave" DYS foot soldiers still intent on getting us. We let the girls get well ahead of us so that, if we looked like getting caught, Phil and I could turn and accept a beating to save the girls. It never came to that as we managed to stay ahead of them. Then we got to the station and had to fight our way through more of the thugs to get onto the station. No help from Plod who simply stood and watched.

Another in the early 80s. Sat with a few friends (about 20 of us all aged 30+). There a a group of similar size DYS fans, all aged around 20, sat 20 yards away to our right. They were abusing families. They were spitting on them. They even hit a couple of blokes who asked them to behave. Neither Plod nor the stewards did anything. We went to Plod and asked them to do something to stop it. They weren't intending to do so. They were told, you stop it or we will. It never came to blows. As soon as the brave lads saw men coming at them they exited as fast as possible. We travelled all over the country and the DYS were the only lot our group ever made a move at and we did that to stop their atrocious behaviour.

I have, IMO, good reason for my dislike of everything DYS. Thugs on the field and off it. The current lot on it are not as bad as their predecessors but they are close to the line between the acceptable and the unacceptable.

There is no doubting that the DYS side of the 70s had some great players in it. I have always maintained that, had they spent more time and effort playing the game rather than surrounding the ref 20 times a game and kicking lumps out of the opposition, they would have won more trophies than they did. Liverpool would not have been as dominant as they were and we might have missed out on one or both of our League titles.

So, not an unexplainable dislike for the DYS but an easily explained and easily understood one from.

Your current squad? Certainly good enough to go up, with or without Bielsa's methods which can be described either as being totally thorough or over the top, depending on your point of view. I thought Jack Clarke was excellent against us and, I predict that if you somehow miss out on promotion this season, he will be in the Premier League next season without you. I rate the lad that highly.
    RA your wasting your time you have to brain to understand that Its the old Millwall everybody hates us sh*t Don't wash at the end of the day they are just another average Championship club have been for years

interestingly the worst experience I have had at the hands of football followers also came in the mid 70's - no real surprise there as that was the heyday of "football aggro".

I went to Uni in Birmingham and went to watch the Rams play at St Andrews. Naturally I went incognito with no tribal identification as the Blues fans were no angels (the precursors of the Zulus). For any of you who know the ground, I walked up to the ground from the flyover on the Stratford Road and was jostled hassled abused and eventually punched to the ground by a group of maybe 100 "supporters". The irony - they were travelling Derby fans - the only trouble I've ever had at a ground came from my own team followers!

And to cap it all we lost 5-1. And to cap that, Kenny Burns scored 4 of them.

What a day

regarding spygate the danger is that the media frenzy pressures EFL into imposing a totally excessive and unjustified fine and 20 point deduction.

Hopefully

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)