+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DYS v Rams Playoff 2nd leg

DYS v Rams Playoff 2nd leg

The 4 of us in ecstasy, oohing and aahing appropriately and going very loud and mental when we scored. I wonder what the neighbours made of it.

I have never been so happy to be proved wrong. No formation change. The only personnel change forced by injury. I got the attitude right though.

Wilson and Lawrence. Where did they dig that performance up from? Both did all the things in spades they have been criticised for not doing in the past. Wilson stayed upright most of the time. Lawro got stuck in and didn't give many fouls away. I think he was wound up really tight from the off. Got a yellow for having a go at the ref for booking Malone. All XI played to their best AND with a pride and passion that matched that of the fans.

What a game. What emotions. Have we ever scored 4 or more at Bellend Road before?

One thing is certain. We have set a new record. The first team ever to make the SBC playoff final having lost the first home leg.

Sat here, the morning after the night before and I am still grinning from ear to ear. Absolutely brilliant.

Roos - Brilliant
    Bogle - Brilliant
    Keogh - Brilliant
    Tomori - Brilliant
    Holmes - Brilliant
    BJ - Btrilliant
    Mount - Brilliant
    Wilson - Brilliant
    Bennett - 'Kin awesome
    Lawrence - Brilliant

FL and his tactical team - Out of this world.

Villa fans wanted us rather than the DYS. They got us but if we play like that again they may well think they should have been more careful about what they wished for.

Nearly forgot - The Fans - Bouncin'ly Brilliant.

My heart goes out to Malone who only has himself to blame. I applauded the ref for Malone's first card. I hate all that stopping quick free kicks and throws-in by picking the ball up and walking away with it or standing right next to the ball. The ball is the opposition's at that point and you should get into position not be attempting to stop the kick/throw being taken. It's called ungentlemanly/unsportsmanlike conduct and IS a yellow card offence. I wish more refs gave it more often. The game would flow much better and more chances would be created.

Play the same way at Wembley, and I would start with the XI who finished the first half but with Cole in for the suspended Malone, and we can win. Play like we did in the 2 League games against the Villa and we are toast.

We aready have one good omen, my mate from Stockport is in the Dominican Republic on the day of the game. DCFC has a history of winning trophies when he is away on holiday. Well played sir, you thought and planned ahead.

Erm...is ‘kin awesome better or worse than ‘brilliant’?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Erm...is ‘kin awesome better or worse than ‘brilliant’?
    All down to interpretation rA but I can assure you that the author had "better" in mind when he wrote it.

I know I am biased towards the lad and you all know why. All that adversity throughout his career. The sheer physical effort of having to recover time and time again from injury. It's mentally punishing for an adult. Must be excruciating for the ****ager he was through most of it. I have nothing but admiration for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The 4 of us in ecstasy, oohing and aahing appropriately and going very loud and mental when we scored. I wonder what the neighbours made of it.

I have never been so happy to be proved wrong. No formation change. The only personnel change forced by injury. I got the attitude right though.

Wilson and Lawrence. Where did they dig that performance up from? Both did all the things in spades they have been criticised for not doing in the past. Wilson stayed upright most of the time. Lawro got stuck in and didn't give many fouls away. I think he was wound up really tight from the off. Got a yellow for having a go at the ref for booking Malone. All XI played to their best AND with a pride and passion that matched that of the fans.

What a game. What emotions. Have we ever scored 4 or more at Bellend Road before?

One thing is certain. We have set a new record. The first team ever to make the SBC playoff final having lost the first home leg.

Sat here, the morning after the night before and I am still grinning from ear to ear. Absolutely brilliant.

Roos - Brilliant
    Bogle - Brilliant
    Keogh - Brilliant
    Tomori - Brilliant
    Holmes - Brilliant
    BJ - Btrilliant
    Mount - Brilliant
    Wilson - Brilliant
    Bennett - 'Kin awesome
    Lawrence - Brilliant

FL and his tactical team - Out of this world.

Villa fans wanted us rather than the DYS. They got us but if we play like that again they may well think they should have been more careful about what they wished for.

Nearly forgot - The Fans - Bouncin'ly Brilliant.

My heart goes out to Malone who only has himself to blame. I applauded the ref for Malone's first card. I hate all that stopping quick free kicks and throws-in by picking the ball up and walking away with it or standing right next to the ball. The ball is the opposition's at that point and you should get into position not be attempting to stop the kick/throw being taken. It's called ungentlemanly/unsportsmanlike conduct and IS a yellow card offence. I wish more refs gave it more often. The game would flow much better and more chances would be created.

Play the same way at Wembley, and I would start with the XI who finished the first half but with Cole in for the suspended Malone, and we can win. Play like we did in the 2 League games against the Villa and we are toast.

We aready have one good omen, my mate from Stockport is in the Dominican Republic on the day of the game. DCFC has a history of winning trophies when he is away on holiday. Well played sir, you thought and planned ahead.
    Can I say, MA, absolutely and genuinely thrilled for you lads. It was a great display all round. Laurence and Wilson outstanding and it was a shocking ref decision not to award a stonewall penalty. Just one or two little moans. When the Derby players were dancing around in front of your fans, why didn't you all sing 'We all hate Leeds scum!' Next, Leeds rarely win at Oakwell and as for visiting Luton...well, it would be politically incorrect to say just what a multicultural ****hole it is.
    t
    Good luck against Villa!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    All down to interpretation rA but I can assure you that the author had "better" in mind when he wrote it.

I know I am biased towards the lad and you all know why. All that adversity throughout his career. The sheer physical effort of having to recover time and time again from injury. It's mentally punishing for an adult. Must be excruciating for the ****ager he was through most of it. I have nothing but admiration for him.
    Fair enough...bit harsh missing out Marriott though...so I’ll just add...the finish for his second goal was ‘kin awesomely brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Can I say, MA, absolutely and genuinely thrilled for you lads. It was a great display all round. Laurence and Wilson outstanding and it was a shocking ref decision not to award a stonewall penalty. Just one or two little moans. When the Derby players were dancing around in front of your fans, why didn't you all sing 'We all hate Leeds scum!' Next, Leeds rarely win at Oakwell and as for visiting Luton...well, it would be politically incorrect to say just what a multicultural ****hole it is.
    t
    Good luck against Villa!
    You may Gunter. We actually out-Leedsed Leeds. Do the same against the Villa and wa can do it.

Name:  no promotion with leeds.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  37.3 KB

Key point in the whole game IMO, the ref NOT giving a penalty to Leeds when Bamford dived. Looking at it time and again, he appeared to deliberately slow up to make Keogh run into him, THEN dive. Spot on by the ref

Possibly the best game I've ever been to. The belief in the players and in each other won the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Possibly the best game I've ever been to. The belief in the players and in each other won the day.
    Lovely when you can say that isn't it? Lets hope you're saying it again in ten days time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)