+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marquis

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    It is possible that marquis has a set fee release clause and, dependant upon the amount, we may be able to meet that. Im almost certain we could double his donny wages.

Having said that, if we can match any release clause then so can every other championship club. If we can double his wages then every other championship club can triple, quadruple, etc, etc his wages.

Thus I think, in the words of the legendary Muhammad Ali, we have two chances of signing john marquis: "Slim" and "none". And slim just left town!
    Maybe, just maybe, A N Other Champ club(s) not interested?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Remember when it was a farm house. Used to pinch the odd apple from the garden. Started drinking in there in '78 and have some good memories of the place.
    Used to have a longer name, something like Marquis of Caraboose or something.

Forget about it, it aint gonna happen. We wont be able to afford the transfer fee, nor his wages and in any case some bigger fish will snap him up.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

was it sumat like marquis of queensway ?

Marquis of Granby perhaps? A very popular pub name

Not that I know of if we are talking about the same one that was built on the site of the old Manor Farm at Upper Haugh. But actually, casting my mind back I do seem to remember the sign used to say Marquis of ???? (Rockingham?)

The Marquis of Carabas, I think that was it.

The one at Low Stubbin.

https://whatpub.com/pubs/ROT/108/mar...ry-low-stubbin
    Last edited by great_fire; 15-01-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Marquis of Carabas, I think that was it.

The one at Low Stubbin.

https://whatpub.com/pubs/ROT/108/mar...ry-low-stubbin
    Yes that's the one. From Puss In Boots apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Marquis of Granby perhaps? A very popular pub name
    It wasn't the Marquis of Granby, but it is a popular name that dates back to the Napoleonic wars, the Marquis of Granby gave money to ex-servicemen to set up beer stalls.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Remember when it was a farm house. Used to pinch the odd apple from the garden. Started drinking in there in '78 and have some good memories of the place.
    Mmmm had a few apples from there me self, pig farm next door , where Tony had his Gym.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast