+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marquis

There's still a gym there, run by a couple, don't know if the guy's called Tony though.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Marquis of Granby perhaps? A very popular pub name
    Wrinkly, there was a great Marquis of Granby out in the Hathersage/ Hope area alas no longer there.

Recall calling in one night around 10.30 and ended up having a lock in with the landlord who was originally from Rotherham. He use to work at the old Hovis factory in Canklow.

We came out about 1.00am to approx 4 inch of snow! Took an age to get home....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wrinkly, there was a great Marquis of Granby out in the Hathersage/ Hope area alas no longer there.

Recall calling in one night around 10.30 and ended up having a lock in with the landlord who was originally from Rotherham. He use to work at the old Hovis factory in Canklow.

We came out about 1.00am to approx 4 inch of snow! Took an age to get home....
    it was by the junction with the road up to Bamford and Ladybower.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    There's still a gym there, run by a couple, don't know if the guy's called Tony though.
    Original landlord when it became a pub was Italian, Tony Zamito and one of his sons Tony Jr and wife set up the gym and salon etc. Tony Jr would be in his 60's now and the pub ownership/landlord has been through many changes since the late 70s so I doubt they'd still be around but you never know?

The guy running the gym (Marchioness Health Club) is getting on I think.

And one of the directors is called Zammito so it looks like the same family are still running it.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The guy running the gym (Marchioness Health Club) is getting on I think.

And one of the directors is called Zammito so it looks like the same family are still running it.
    Interesting that they are still around after 40 years. I think I still have the heartburn that the Mansfield Bitter used to give me back then.

Starbucks have just confirmed Marquis hasn’t been seen in any of their outlets, so it’s a nonstarter

Am I the only person who doesn't want him?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't want him?
    Yes probably,you are,but knowing our fans,maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Original landlord when it became a pub was Italian, Tony Zamito and one of his sons Tony Jr and wife set up the gym and salon etc. Tony Jr would be in his 60's now and the pub ownership/landlord has been through many changes since the late 70s so I doubt they'd still be around but you never know?
    Yep Tony still about his brother John became a jehovas witness and lives somewhere in North Yorks there was also a long lost brother Steve who was better known as Pablo !!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123