+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enthusiasm and appetite

Those were the days alright...Yates Wine bar, George's wine bar, 5 of us smoking pot in a cubicle in the gents in Liberty's night club and getting kicked out by the bouncer. Good footy at the Lane too.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Me and a mate used to do the scoreboard in the old Kop....
    Happy Days with Ivor & his rattle.

Name:  unspecified.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  77.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Those were the days alright...Yates Wine bar, George's wine bar, 5 of us smoking pot in a cubicle in the gents in Liberty's night club and getting kicked out by the bouncer. Good footy at the Lane too.
    Ha, used to have a smoke of it down stairs in virgin records, clash buzzcocks or some reggae blasting away, never did me any harm lad.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Somebody mentioned the other day that the scoreboard isn't working (despite working for the England ladies) and there is no flag on the pole. Also the training ground we were promised is about as organised as Brexit. Flash back to the Alan Hardy of a year ago. He was all about fine margins and little details...there is no way he would have allowed that for the biggest crowd of the season.

It strikes me that he has lost his appetite for this. Maybe due to the cost involved, maybe because everything he has tried has come back to haunt him. I'm not a fan of his personally, but jeez i feel sorry for him. He has invested heavily and has absolutely nothing to show for it. It couldn't have gone much worse this season.

The crowd on Saturday was the quietest I have ever known. They didn't muster one song, except for a brief chant of 'County', ironically cheered by the Cambridge fans. I don't think we, as fans, have the stomach for this either. Too many great escapes, too many rubbish teams to cheer. Have we thrown in the towel?
    I sat in The Pavis on Saturday and whilst Meadow Lane wasn't rocking I have been there many times when its been quieter, albeit not with 15,000 in the ground, however many of those were just passing through and had no real emotional attachment to the proceedings.
    The supporters are tense and so are the players, had Notts taken the lead I am sure the weight would have been lifted for both parties.

I do hope Hardy hasn't lost his appetite, he's got a lot wrong in a relatively short time but he's also done a lot to promote the club and I don't know who the last Notts chairman was to get 15,000 to watch the equivalent of a Fourth Division match. Probably Jack Dunnett in 1971, and look at the players you could watch then: Masson Subbs Needham, and Hateley amongst others. I think I used to pay 15p admission in those days!!!
    Many of the current squad aren't worth 15p in today's money so getting 15,000 to pay £2 each is some achievement by the chairman.

Pic brings a tear to my eye.

SCORER
    H

(Les Bradd)

Nowadays the players do the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12