+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refound albums...

Refound albums...

A couple of weeks ago I was sorting through boxes in the spare room when I came across a box of cds one of which was the Barenaked Ladies album Gordon,I can remember buying it at a market years ago for 99p and I only purchased it because I had liked their then recent hit One Week and i also recognised one of the tracks on it (Be My Yoko Ono)but didn't really date the album
    Do your tastes change over time even with your own music,I replayed it again a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it,mostly lighthearted fun songs but scattered with songs with dark messages,Wrap Your Arms Around Me I remember as being a beautiful love song but after listening more closely realised that it's about abuse within a relationship which strangely made the song better
    Anybody else had the pleasure of refinding a forgotten gem?

Hi Chalky I have been playing Vauxhall and I by Morrissey and Straw Donkey - Best of Carter The Unstoppable *** Machine.

I’ve found some great stuff in remainder bins over the years - Fabulous Poodles, Semisonic, old REM, but I keep going back to Chris Rea’s album Dancing with Strangers. Songs about Northern unemployment, the s­hit talked by politicians, reminiscing about growing up, it hits me every time.

Carter USM and the Fabulous Poodles are hands that I haven't heard of for years,Fruitbat shoving over Philip Scholfield was all over the news back in the day but now is just a dusty memory,Chris Rea has written some wonderful songs

Fruitbat laughed that The Farm brought in a few cases of beer and got them leathered beforehand.

Scritti Politti's first album is a bit of a gem too - bit of Heaven 17 of late as well, their "We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang" still sounds ace and is currently getting a lot of airplay.

With the type of music that you listen to crushalime I'm thinking that you older than I had imagined

Steve McQueen - Prefab Sprout.
    Classic Album by under rated band.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Steve McQueen - Prefab Sprout.
    Classic Album by under rated band.
    Now that is exactly the type of album that I was referring to,back in the day I didn't rate it at all then 30 years later I discovered that I had missed out on a mini masterpiece

Just a Collection of Antiques and Curios.

No not a criticism of the posters on here.

First Strawbs album I bought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)