+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lascelles

Lascelles

Not sure what went on between him and Rafa when he was injured. Any professional player knows when they tweak their hamstring and he just seemed to be ignoring Rafas' attempts to ascertain what the damage was. He doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength with Rafa any more and risked the game by hobbling about and i will be surprised to see him play in the next 3 games.

Aye, was strange. Rafa seemed exasperated.

Lascelles should have gone off straight away...hamstring tweaks don't miraculously heal themselves so he should have been more responsible. He was a massive liability while he was on, almost cost us two goals and has almost certainly damaged it more than he would have if he'd come off straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, was strange. Rafa seemed exasperated.

Lascelles should have gone off straight away...hamstring tweaks don't miraculously heal themselves so he should have been more responsible. He was a massive liability while he was on, almost cost us two goals and has almost certainly damaged it more than he would have if he'd come off straight away.
    Aye twas strange like.

Oh and how many wheelie bins do we have at Little Benton?
    Cos there are going to be a few ice baths required methinks..
    Ashley will be well pi55ed off,if he has to buy more at £50 a pop...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    Not sure what went on between him and Rafa when he was injured. Any professional player knows when they tweak their hamstring and he just seemed to be ignoring Rafas' attempts to ascertain what the damage was. He doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength with Rafa any more and risked the game by hobbling about and i will be surprised to see him play in the next 3 games.
    I'd like to know what Lascelles was playing at. He nearly cost us that game. Unprofessional and I'd fine him.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I'd like to know what Lascelles was playing at. He nearly cost us that game. Unprofessional and I'd fine him.
    There definitely should be an inquest like,I thought Rafa was going to blow a gasket.God knows what Lacelles was thinking,I've not seen anything like it.Certainly not in (modern ) times..

I am still bemused as to why we brought an extra defender on. It was a terrible decision by Rafa

Why didn’t he move Schär into the back four and bring Hayden on

Probably because schar was having a decent game and he may be needed as a CDM on the coming weeks. I wanted him to play there instead of Hayden against Chelsea.

So I guess Rafa just went like for like when Clark came off.

I thought Rafa looked weak. He should have hauled him off within a min or two as you can’t run hamstring injuries off. It was clear as day he couldn’t run and as was said when he was on he was a liability. If he hoyed a hissy fit let him, he would only show himself up.

It was very odd.

Our captain hasn't exactly covered himself in glory this season has he, what with one thing and another...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)