+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Points required to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    They did when I got 40/1 for relegation back in August!

ps Saying 1/3 on makes no sense. It's either 1/3 or 3/1 on.
    I see you are a real loyal supporter backing your team to get relegated at the start of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I see you are a real loyal supporter backing your team to get relegated at the start of the season?
    As Notts are either fighting for their lives or occasionally pushing for promotion most seasons. Elites just gambled smartly. Mid table just isn't Notts style. Being a loyal supporter doesn't come into it. I wish I had a £10 bet at the start of the season to be honest. To compensate on, frankly a huge let down of a season. I'm sure elite would prefer to lose this bet.

It wasn't at the start of the season, it was on 17th August after watching Yeovil thump us 0-4 at Meadow Lane. I realised then we had big problems, and couldn't believe the 40/1 offered for relegation. Can't see what it's got to do with loyal support, are you only allowed to back your team to win even if the evidence of your eyes tells you they are rubbish?

ps I'll be getting a season ticket next time even if as I expect we are playing in the National League. Will you?

Don't think you can question Elite's loyalty.

If his loyalty is questionable because he took a punt, (and it isn't) - where does that leave someone who has told us time after time that he knew it was coming?

Put it this way, if Notts get relegated Elite will be very disappointed but £00's better off.

You'll be delighted.

Who's the loyal supporter?

Me too, but my main concern is that we'll be one of them.
    Hardly possible, our results have been aweful for most of the season. We need a bit of luck, plus a few players to hit form, and maybe the odd additional signing. Don't think we are as bad as we appear, we have some good players, just very low morale after so many defeats.

We also need something which hasn't really happened all season, to a get a run of results going.

It wasn't at the start of the season, it was on 17th August after watching Yeovil thump us 0-4 at Meadow Lane. I realised then we had big problems, and couldn't believe the 40/1 offered for relegation. Can't see what it's got to do with loyal support, are you only allowed to back your team to win even if the evidence of your eyes tells you they are rubbish?

ps I'll be getting a season ticket next time even if as I expect we are playing in the National League. Will you?
    Yes I will.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    Hardly possible, our results have been aweful for most of the season. We need a bit of luck, plus a few players to hit form, and maybe the odd additional signing. Don't think we are as bad as we appear, we have some good players, just very low morale after so many defeats.

We also need something which hasn't really happened all season, to a get a run of results going.
    We've got 9 home games and 9 away games - tough home games against Lincoln, Stags, MK Dons and Exeter; tough away games at Carlisle, FGR and Tranmere. If we win half those games we'll stay up, but that means we'll have to go from winning 1 in 8 games to 1 in 2, which pretty much sounds impossible. That said, if we win on Saturday and get a few players in, who knows? Apart from that bloody win at Mansfield, Yeovil have been in horrendous form. And Port Vale's last five results have been the same as ours (2 draws, 3 defeats).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234