+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Time We Had A WOW Signing

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Love it Brin. Old school footballers who were much more akin to us common folk ��
    Jon Parkin would have had 2 pies, maybe 3

(and he's still playing).
    Last edited by great_fire; 18-01-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Martin Butler. Illness ruined much of his time with us but he was class and knew how to play the ref to get free-kicks!

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Jon Parkin would have had 2 pies, maybe 3

(and he's still playing).
    Jon Parkin drinks in my local club fire , one of the nicest lads you could wish to meet , no ego , proper down to earth .

Got a bob or two has Jonny but you wouldn't know it .

Emilyn Huges and Gerry Gow

John Galley for me.... King Kong .... a legend but i'm an old codger... fond memories of him I remember him scoring a hatrick on his debut at Coventry in a 5 - 3 win

Quote Originally Posted by roscoemiller View Post
    John Galley for me.... King Kong .... a legend but i'm an old codger... fond memories of him I remember him scoring a hatrick on his debut at Coventry in a 5 - 3 win
    Great player, but he was an almost unknown reserve when we signed him and few Millers fans would have known his name... but once seen, never forgotten. We must have had a good scouting system back then!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Jon Parkin drinks in my local club fire , one of the nicest lads you could wish to meet , no ego , proper down to earth .

Got a bob or two has Jonny but you wouldn't know it .
    If he'd laid off the pies he's have a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Emilyn Huges and Gerry Gow
    This.

For me, Kenny Houghton from Silverwood. Class player.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    True story:

Early 90's one Tuesday, the Millers had a match that evening at Millmoor. It was teatime, about 5:30. Ian Banks walked into the chippy at St Johns Green, Kimmy Park (I know the ex owner very well).

Banks: "Can I have steak & kidney pie, chips, peas, gravy and some scraps open please mate. And a can of diet coke".

Owner: "No problem." Serves food. "Are you not playing tonight Banger?"

Banks (gob full of chips, and looking slightly bemused), "Yeah, course Im playing. Giz a couple of breadcakes please pal!"
    Sound like Ian. Had the pleasure of 5 years of PE lessons with him at MGS. Nothing worse than getting one of his shots on the thigh or worse on a cold February morning. At times football could be pure Kes. Free kick just outside the area. Banger to take it. "Come on lads make a wall" says the PE teacher. "Tha' f$7king kidding Sir!" piped up the lads, especially the ones with much more academic prowess than sporting ability

Related to the Marquis thread (the off topic portion of it), in his early days as a professional he could often be seen in there on a Saturday night enjoying a pint and a mixed grill as his girlfriend/wife at that time came from Manor Farm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast