+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 new inbounds this week?

I cannot understand how anyone could find anything positive in the failure of a drop out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    That famous Spurs win came the following season when we got relegated (the infamous Howard "Hic" Kendall 94-95 season) despite us having the kind of players we could only dream of these days. Definitely one of the best ever nights in the redeveloped Meadow Lane.

It was clearly a long time ago, because the coverage on Central News was very good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vDLTokUyGQ

The good old days, our lot should be made to look at this and see how you play with passion..ok we lost or should I say cheated out of a win.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I cannot understand how anyone could find anything positive in the failure of a drop out of the league.
    Exactly!

I think that when we dropped into League 2 a lot of people felt that we would re group and bounce back straight away. It has proved to not be that easy!

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    On the Totally Football League podcast this week, Caroline Barker was trying not to get too excited by the prospect of having Notts in the National League - in case it didn’t eventually happen. It would be huge for non-league football if we went down,
    yeah, thats what Luton and Cheaterfield thought too.
    Luton, the biggest club in the universe (apart from notts co, of course) took 5 years to get back into the real world, and the direites look like they trying to get into the Aussie leagues!
    every league club that has gone down, including the stags, though we were too good for non league.
    sadly, we were there because we deserved to be, regardless of who was to blame; for you,its the players and AH, for us it was Haslam, for cheaterfield its because they just deserve it , full stop.
    and who can ever get used to; "and with an away attendance of 7............."?

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    yeah, thats what Luton and Cheaterfield thought too.
    Luton, the biggest club in the universe (apart from notts co, of course) took 5 years to get back into the real world, and the direites look like they trying to get into the Aussie leagues!
    every league club that has gone down, including the stags, though we were too good for non league.
    sadly, we were there because we deserved to be, regardless of who was to blame; for you,its the players and AH, for us it was Haslam, for cheaterfield its because they just deserve it , full stop.
    and who can ever get used to; "and with an away attendance of 7............."?
    Brutal, but honest.

Sooooooooo.......... anybody heard anything?
    I know we're allegedly trying to get players.
    In the words of Yoda...

"Do. Or do not. There is no try"

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    Sooooooooo.......... anybody heard anything?
    I know we're allegedly trying to get players.
    In the words of Yoda...

"Do. Or do not. There is no try"
    Rumours on Twitter of Burgess from Pompey or alternatively Darnell from Leicester, both are centre backs, think I'd prefer Burgess of the two

Burgess would be amazing if true. He bossed this league.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Burgess would be amazing if true. He bossed this league.
    Which makes me think it's pie in the sky and not true!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Its quite simply amazing what turns some of our supporters on, the thought that to drop to the National League would make us return a stronger Club is absolutely a load of Balls. The truth of the matter is plain & simple the potential to drop even lower down the Pyramid is even greater.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast