+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Labour

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Away from the drug fuelled ravings of Hoss, prominent Brexiter James Dyson announced he’s moving his HQ to Singapore(along with production of his new car) and Brexiter loony Tory MP Daniel Kawczynski has asked the Polish government to intervene to prevent Parliament from delaying or cancelling Brexit.

There’s a word for conspiring with a foreign government to act against the national interest...
    James Dyson has said his new car is aimed at the Chinese market so it is good business sense to move that way. The Japanese car makers selling their cars in Europe do the same by building factories here etc.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    James Dyson has said his new car is aimed at the Chinese market so it is good business sense to move that way. The Japanese car makers selling their cars in Europe do the same by building factories here etc.
    Dyson wanted us to join the Euro in the early 2000s when he thought it suited him. Then the EU took him to court and he suddenly came out as a Brexiter. Singapore have just signed a trade deal with the EU.

Yes the Japanese have come here to build cars for the European market. I wonder why that would be, and whether they’ll be doing so in the future. I don’t think any of them have moved their entire HQ here though. To quote Malcolm X again, “You’ve been had, you’ve been hoodwinked,, you’ve been bamboozled”.

Dyson wanted us to join the Euro in the early 2000s when he thought it suited him. Then the EU took him to court and he suddenly came out as a Brexiter. Singapore have just signed a trade deal with the EU.

Yes the Japanese have come here to build cars for the European market. I wonder why that would be, and whether they’ll be doing so in the future. I don’t think any of them have moved their entire HQ here though. To quote Malcolm X again, “You’ve been had, you’ve been hoodwinked,, you’ve been bamboozled”.
    Hood winked comes in many guises BFP.
    The EU certainly has its hands dirty on that one.
    https://www.ft.com/content/74ab02a6-...9-00144feab49a

Of course, you would never see the German/French car industries moved.
    But everything else seems fair game.
    Cheap labour to boost profits by moving abroad to Eastern Europe. Whilst employing cheap labour here to pin back wages.
    Yep, works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    1961 - have you not realised yet making sensible points doesn’t work on Mad !!

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    1961 - have you not realised yet making sensible points doesn’t work on Mad !!
    That's why I'm barely here any more.

Personally I'm finding the Brexit situation very simple to understand:

None of your leadership want Brexit but none of them want to be seen as being the one responsible for cancelling it (or calling for a 2nd referendum which is the same thing).

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post

None of your leadership want Brexit but none of them want to be seen as being the one responsible for cancelling it (or calling for a 2nd referendum which is the same thing).
    Probably because it would be political suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Hood winked comes in many guises BFP.
    The EU certainly has its hands dirty on that one.
    https://www.ft.com/content/74ab02a6-...9-00144feab49a

Of course, you would never see the German/French car industries moved.
    But everything else seems fair game.
    Cheap labour to boost profits by moving abroad to Eastern Europe. Whilst employing cheap labour here to pin back wages.
    Yep, works like a charm.
    Paywall

Paywall
    You don't need to read it and I'm sure you know that.
    Transits To Turkey should start you off. This is the one that sticks in the mind, can't be @rsed to search for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post

There is no evidence that a 2nd referendum would swing towards remain...unless you voted remain in the first referendum see it as a way of maybe not leaving. Personally I believe it will go even more to leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    There is no evidence that a 2nd referendum would swing towards remain...unless you voted remain in the first referendum see it as a way of maybe not leaving. Personally I believe it will go even more to leaving.
    I don’t know anyone who has changed their minds either from leave or remain. A couple of people who voted remain have said if this happens they may vote leave as they don’t believe there should be a second referendum.

Have we actually got much more information from either side in the last 2 years?

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast