+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: O/T Labour

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    At the time he wasn't anything because it was before the referendum.
    Still doesn't alter the fact that she's been lying to him for years and he was a more popular figure to be PM than Maybot.
    Stitched him up like a Kipper.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    1. Everyone was told at the time of the referendum that a leave vote would create massive uncertainty. You voted to leave anyway, and are now complaining that uncertainty is affecting your business. Nevertheless, this uncertainty is someone else’s fault. What exactly have people who don’t like the result done to make matters worse?

2. You voted to leave because you want the UK to generate its own trade deals. Who are these trade deals with and how long do you think they’ll take to generate. It’s not “project fear” to say that trade deals take years to generate.

3. The quickest way to resolve all this is to remain. Every other route creates years of uncertainty for people like you and others. That’s fact.
    Trade deals within the EU take years (Canada) but how do you know how long it would take if we are not in the EU?
    At the moment 27 countries have to agree whereas we would be dealing on a one to one basis

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Trade deals within the EU take years (Canada) but how do you know how long it would take if we are not in the EU?
    At the moment 27 countries have to agree whereas we would be dealing on a one to one basis
    I know your whole approach to this is no one can predict anything, the internet other than NCM doesn’t exist, and we can’t use past experience to tell us anything, but try googling “how long do trade deals take to negotiate” and it’s quite instructive.

Like virtually all the vocal Brexiters on here and elsewhere, you’re denying reality. You did say how good the Swiss model would be, and you even put a little picture up demonstrating how it would bring all the benefits with none of the downsides.

Now of course you and others are claiming it was no deal you wanted all along because you don’t want to admit what anyone with half a brain could always work out, the fact that the EU was in a much stronger negotiating position than the UK and we were never going to get as good a deal as staying in.

And if you can find a shred of evidence from a reliable source that it was intended to only be a “free trade area’ at the time of the 1975 referendum I’ll happily read it.
    For gods sake BFP, we was never told the truth. Heath buried it and you know that.
    Read it yourself, you refuse to accept anything in front of you that the British public has been duped for years.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_U...hip_referendum

Despite evidence as to where this is leading, to quote yourself. "You can't predict what's coming next"

As far as remain goes, we all know by now.
    Every so called fabrication has amazingly come to life over the years.
    Loss of sovereignty
    European law
    No borders
    A new currency
    A newly declared army to be formed

What next?

Not bad from a coal and steel alliance is it? Designed to help France and Germany stop swinging hand bags every 5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Loss of sovereignty
    European law
    No borders
    A new currency

What next?
    What next? Probably the EU's dastardly Coudenhove-Kalergi plan to pollute bloodlines.

Not like you to miss that one out.

I know your whole approach to this is no one can predict anything, the internet other than NCM doesn’t exist, and we can’t use past experience to tell us anything, but try googling “how long do trade deals take to negotiate” and it’s quite instructive.
    Your Crystal ball needs an MoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    For gods sake BFP, we was never told the truth. Heath buried it and you know that.
    Read it yourself, you refuse to accept anything in front of you that the British public has been duped for years.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_U...hip_referendum

Despite evidence as to where this is leading, to quote yourself. "You can't predict what's coming next"

Loss of sovereignty
    European law
    No borders
    A new currency

What next?

Not bad from a coal and steel alliance is it? Designed to help France and Germany stop swinging hand bags every 5 mins.
    Before the vote in the HoC on whether the UK should join the EEC, PM Edward Heath said

“But tonight when this House endorses this Motion many millions of people right across the world will rejoice that we have taken our rightful place in a truly United Europe!”

Yeah he was really hiding his true intentions, the scallywag. It just screams “free trade area only” doesn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The new NAFTA deals which are essentially the old NAFTA treaty revamped in bilateral form, with a few alterations to allow American dairy farmers to sell their hormone laden poison in Canada, took about a year and a half I think.

1. Everyone was told at the time of the referendum that a leave vote would create massive uncertainty. You voted to leave anyway, and are now complaining that uncertainty is affecting your business. Nevertheless, this uncertainty is someone else’s fault. What exactly have people who don’t like the result done to make matters worse?

2. You voted to leave because you want the UK to generate its own trade deals. Who are these trade deals with and how long do you think they’ll take to generate. It’s not “project fear” to say that trade deals take years to generate.

3. The quickest way to resolve all this is to remain. Every other route creates years of uncertainty for people like you and others. That’s fact.
    BFP, if I’m nothing else I’m the kind of person who will consider other people’s points of view before getting into a heated debate so I’ll offer you the same courtesy and admit that you raise some fair comments.

I’m not blaming other people or circumstances for my current situation. I’m saying that from personal experience of speaking to dozens of business owners in my sector both here and overseas there is a definite feeling of uncertainty which has been exasperated by those who chose to scaremonger at every opportunity, and it is the vitriolic and sensationalist manner in which this has been undertaken that has created a higher level of said uncertainty and anxiety within the business communities, much more so than the uncertainty first perceived prior to the referendum.

Also I must point out that another contributing factor to my business struggles in recent times has been the introduction of GDPR. I’m in a sector that is very data sensitive and it has taken over 6 months in most cases for businesses (my potential clients) to come to terms with this new regulation, again putting everything else on hold in the meantime. Another EU directive by the way.

Finally you really shouldn’t finish a statement with “that’s fact”. Firstly you have absolute no hard evidence to prove that your statement is indeed “fact” and secondly Im not entirely sure it is grammatically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Still doesn't alter the fact that she's been lying to him for years and he was a more popular figure to be PM than Maybot.
    Stitched him up like a Kipper.
    Fair enough I'm sure you know all the inside info about the cabinet and civil service. I'd have sacked him on day one personally for turning up to negotiations without any papers.

Care to comment on the video of him saying the EU would cave in and give us access to the single market after 3 months under pressure from Volkswagen?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast