+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Dook

OT: The Dook

What an arrogant get this man is.
    Inability to take responsibility for a crash he clearly caused. Within 24 hours of writing off a car, he is seen with a new model of the same car (that's me and you paid for that) and wearing no seatbelt.
    If anyone using this board had been guilty of the same as the Duke of Everybugger, they would be in a cell tonight and appearing before magistrates.
    If anything better demonstrated that there is one law for the privileged and another law for the rest of us, I can't think what it is.
    El Sid

Have you only just realised Sid?

That's what happens when you put people on a pedestal and chuck zillions at them merely because of an accident of birth. Ban the royals, ban the House of Lords, ban anyone who looks at me funny and ban Notts County from being relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    That's what happens when you put people on a pedestal and chuck zillions at them merely because of an accident of birth. Ban the royals, ban the House of Lords, ban anyone who looks at me funny and ban Notts County from being relegated.
    It is not just accidents of birth though it is usually down to money. How many celebrities get away with drug or driving offences?
    David Beckham for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What an arrogant get this man is.
    Inability to take responsibility for a crash he clearly caused. Within 24 hours of writing off a car, he is seen with a new model of the same car (that's me and you paid for that) and wearing no seatbelt.
    If anyone using this board had been guilty of the same as the Duke of Everybugger, they would be in a cell tonight and appearing before magistrates.
    If anything better demonstrated that there is one law for the privileged and another law for the rest of us, I can't think what it is.
    El Sid
    Not so sure it's arrogance per say, more ignorance, just what he has been accustomed to pretty much all of his life and knows nothing else. The new car I'm assuming was already in the royal fleet.

I do agree though that it beggars belief he is still allowed to behave this way when in the public eye. Royal advisors too worried for their jobs to actually undertake them in the right manner. The bloke has needed reigning in his whole life and not one person has been able to do it with any kind of success.

Speaking of the Royals I have to say I'm not a massive fan, with the exception of Lizzie, who I feel having been thrust into the role from a very young age, has on the face of it has fulfilled her duties with the greatest of dignity and regal countenance.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'm certainly with you on the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm certainly with you on the last one.
    I'm with him on all four.

I quite like him (although I've never met him) he says what he thinks without tip-toeing around for fear of causing offence and

a We don't know if he was at fault or not
    b The replacement was supposed to be in the Royal fleet anyway
    c How do you know he wasn't on a private estate road when he had his belt off?
    d He's supposed to be a pretty good driver

BTW, you don't really pay for the Royals, they are paid a percentage of the profits on Royal estates and assets which were transferred to the country. Having said that, why wouldn't you pay your Head of State anyway?
    Last edited by Redrag; 25-01-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    a We don't know if he was at fault or not
    Hmmmm. He pulled out of a side road into oncoming traffic. Bury your head in the sand if it suits you.

b The replacement was supposed to be in the Royal fleet anyway
    I wonder if the injured woman had a next day replacement in her fleet?

c How do you know he wasn't on a private estate road when he had his belt off?
    Because he was issued with an official police warning. Seeing as the wearing of a seat belt on a private road isn't compulsory, see if you can work it out for yourself.

d He's supposed to be a pretty good driver
    According to who? According to a Royal arse licker? I think pretty good drivers would wear a seat belt on a public road.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hmmmm. He pulled out of a side road into oncoming traffic. Bury your head in the sand if it suits you.

I wonder if the injured woman had a next day replacement in her fleet?

Because he was issued with an official police warning. Seeing as the wearing of a seat belt on a private road isn't compulsory, see if you can work it out for yourself.

According to who? According to a Royal arse licker? I think pretty good drivers would wear a seat belt on a public road.
    He said at the time that he couldn't see because of the sun. It happens on the hill near Gunthorpe and Carlton Hill too at times when the sun shines directly along the road so you can hardly see a thing.

The woman might have had a replacement, there are plenty of families with two or more cars, Or her insurance might have provided a car.

THe warning does not sound official. The report says

His Royal Highness has received a warning from Norfolk police regarding his lack of seatbelt with the police saying that “suitable words of advice have been given to the driver. This is in line with our standard response when being made aware of such images.”
    So the warning was in response to newspaper photos. It does say that he was entering the Sandringham Estate so it could well have been in a place that was not dangerous. I don't know where he was.

So a good driver would always wear a seatbelt? Not if you are a member of the emergency services on duty and I'd say that they are good drivers. You don't need a seat belt if you have a medical exemption either but that doesn't mean that you are a bad driver. He is a person who has flown jets, won awards with horse and cariages and has used motor bikes and cars for a long time with very few accidents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast