+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Labour

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    This is Corbyn's 'Clegg/tuition fees' moment.
    Really it isn't because that was LibDem policy and Labour's policy has never been to hold a second referendum.

Our politicians are a complete laughing stock and have been for some considerable time.

Brown's total financial ineptitude despite also serving as chancellor.
    Cameron's insecurities being the catalyst for where we find ourselves now.
    Boris not having the strength of his convictions to fight for leadership and deliver the BREXIT he 'allegedly' strongly supported.
    May's vanity getting the better of her and taking a job that required the delivery of something she neither believes in and is clearly not cut out for.
    Corbyn basically just slithering around like a snake and taking pathetic potshots when he can with no real substance to anything he preaches other than being destructive to the point it is impacting on the livelihoods of those constituents he is supposed to be representing.
    The rest of them with no clear vision for the future of this country, only for their future retirement funds and sod the rest of us.

I have always voted at every opportunity whether it be a general election, local elections, referendum etc but for the first time in nearly 40 years of having a vote I have to say I have absolutely no faith anyone right now to get this country out of the complete cesspit it finds itself in and would have to think very hard before considering putting an 'x' in any box in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Agreed.
    Someone needs to grab that house by the nuts.

"you are no Parliament, I say you are no Parliament; I will put an end to your sitting"
    Get Grant and Walker round the table.
    Sorry I’m being totally fecetious but I’m going crazy with all of this !
    Is it only me who’s more worried about our league position than Brexit ? I’m trying to get my head around what’s right for the country and despite classing myself with a good level of intellect I really have no idea ?? Is there anyone out there with as much imapartiality as possible to explain ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, the hypocrisy is from you. Scotland voted 62% / 38% in favour of remaining, so in opposing Brexit the SNP are surely carrying out the democratic will of the people. You've been asking for that all along, yet suddenly it doesn't suit you!
    Hang on a bit many constituencies voted leave but their MPs are ignoring the fact, shouldn't they carry out the will of the people?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Really it isn't because that was LibDem policy and Labour's policy has never been to hold a second referendum.
    I think you're wrong about that, didn't the members vote at the conference to have a second referendum? And he's the one who wanted members to decide the direction of the party.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think you're wrong about that, didn't the members vote at the conference to have a second referendum? And he's the one who wanted members to decide the direction of the party.
    It must be difficult for Corbyn because all his political life he has been anti EU, but then again he didn't have the carrot of being Prime minister dangling in his sights then did he?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Hang on a bit many constituencies voted leave but their MPs are ignoring the fact, shouldn't they carry out the will of the people?
    That was the point - Tricky has been has been banging on about that for ages on a 52/48 basis, yet he wants the SNP to support Brexit despite 62/38 the other way. And he calls them hypocrites!

I think MPs should go for the option that they think benefits their constituents most, whatever that happens to be.

Makes me laugh to see leave voters complaining about our incompetent politicians. If only we’d known that in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It must be difficult for Corbyn because all his political life he has been anti EU, but then again he didn't have the carrot of being Prime minister dangling in his sights then did he?
    Politicians with radical views often have to sacrifice their principles when they get to power because a lot of things are easier said than done. Look at Syriza in Greece or even Salvini in Italy.

Corbyn's problem is that he has gathered the votes of young idealistic voters who were disillusioned with mainstream politics (like Clegg did) but they are vehemently anti Brexit so anything that's not opposing Brexit or at least having a second referendum will alienate them.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Our politicians are a complete laughing stock and have been for some considerable time.

Brown's total financial ineptitude despite also serving as chancellor.
    Cameron's insecurities being the catalyst for where we find ourselves now.
    Boris not having the strength of his convictions to fight for leadership and deliver the BREXIT he 'allegedly' strongly supported.
    May's vanity getting the better of her and taking a job that required the delivery of something she neither believes in and is clearly not cut out for.
    Corbyn basically just slithering around like a snake and taking pathetic potshots when he can with no real substance to anything he preaches other than being destructive to the point it is impacting on the livelihoods of those constituents he is supposed to be representing.
    The rest of them with no clear vision for the future of this country, only for their future retirement funds and sod the rest of us.

I have always voted at every opportunity whether it be a general election, local elections, referendum etc but for the first time in nearly 40 years of having a vote I have to say I have absolutely no faith anyone right now to get this country out of the complete cesspit it finds itself in and would have to think very hard before considering putting an 'x' in any box in the future.
    Most of what you say, I go along with. Not the Brown bit though. Depending on whose verdict you run with, he was incompetent or averted a serious crisis caused by no fault of his. I go with the latter.
    However, like you, I'm stumped as to whom I vote for. As climate change is easily number one in the world's problems, Green is the likely recipient of my vote but there again will the Greens ever amount to a serious political force?
    As I understand it, as long as you do not descend into a foul mouth rant on your voting paper, comments on spoiled papers are laid out for inspection by the candidates. Politics has never been at such a low ebb and you can bet your life that very hard economic and social times are just round the corner.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast