+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: O/T Labour

... Tony, because you're usually quite good at it.[/QUOTE]
    Better than a Papal blessing that, Tony. SnH 1 at his finest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... Tony, because you're usually quite good at it.[/QU0TE]
    Better than a Papal blessing that, Tony. SnH 1 at his finest.
    Thank you TBH. If only you could master the quote facility we could become friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I could easily say the same.

It's just that your post seems yet another example of those who put what they want to find into a google search, then link or copy and paste the results to 'prove' their point. We can all do that, but I prefer to use my own words. You should stick to your own words rather than pinching others Tony, because you're usually quite good at it.
    I posted that as a rebuttal of the negative unsubstantiated post that you had submitted. It comes from someone whose opinion carries far more weight and relevance than my own prejudiced and limited perspective. I didn't have to google it as I have it saved on my computer along with many other articles, quotations and opinions that have helped me on my path of trying to get my head around Brexit over the last three years.....a very painful and tortuous journey!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I don't think it was 11 years but I might be wrong, anyway that's why I chose a simpler deal as an example.

Another interesting reason why the Canada deal took so long was that the Czech Republic held out for visa concessions for Czechs in Canada and eventually got them. This is interesting for two reasons:

Firstly because the Czech Republic would ordinarily have no negotiating power over a big country like Canada, but as part of the EU it does. This is a real life example of collective bargaining. It works.

Secondly it shows that free trade deals are not as easy to negotiate as people think, countries use them to extract concessions, usually visas. If anybody thinks we're going to do trade deals with China, India, Turkey, Brazil etc without having to cough up lots of holiday, student and work visas, they should get ready for tariffs.
    As long as those students can pick fruit etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good to hear from someone with first hand experience of what Brexit means to people who run a business. From reading your post, my guess is that your businesses would be doing better if this vote had never taken place. I have maintained from day one that it was stupid to put a decision as complex as this to the average man and woman in the street. The ramifications are far too detailed and wide ranging for us to make an informed decision. Must admit I am a bit intrigued by what you describe as 'project fear'. I'm sure exaggerations have been made, but what if these many forecasts of an economic slump turn out to be accurate? Just about everything I have read on leaving with no deal predict a bleak economic future. Surely it's better for people to say it as they see it rather than simply say "Don't worry, it will all be fine because we're the Brits and we're better than the rest".

I hope you go on to make billions, because we might need someone like you as an owner in the future!
    TBH I still stand by my decision to vote the way I did. Maybe as BFP has said in other posts my error was in having faith in those responsible for delivering a swift and beneficial exit. Problem is at times you have to have that faith or there would be no point in ever voting for anything or anyone again.

As for owning Notts, I would relish that challenge but unfortunately I’m currently not sure I will be able to afford my season ticket again next season never mind anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    TBH I still stand by my decision to vote the way I did. Maybe as BFP has said in other posts my error was in having faith in those responsible for delivering a swift and beneficial exit. Problem is at times you have to have that faith or there would be no point in ever voting for anything or anyone again.

As for owning Notts, I would relish that challenge but unfortunately I’m currently not sure I will be able to afford my season ticket again next season never mind anything else!
    Apologies for my rather abrupt reply to your post yesterday. People like yourself have every right to listen to politicians and trust that they’re telling them the truth. Obviously in my opinion people like Liam Fox(“we”ll have 40 trade deals ready to sign on March 30th”) and David Davis (“a free trade deal with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history”) are far from worthy of that trust.

It all must be a bit of a nightmare for people trying to run a business in Europe. A mate of mine does and he’s close to going under because of all this. Blue passports though.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425