+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Stenhousemuir Roll Call and Sh@t

A few points.

- When is Devlin & Hoblin (that’s his new name) going to be fit FFS?
    - that way we can drop Considine.
    - and I’m sorry but if anyone offers close to £7m for McKenna, we should take it.
    - Whole team looked conplacent.
    - Cosgrove had a nightmare today. Like he did before December.

I just hope it was 3 week rust, the excuse that DM will inevitably use.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Even with possible atrocious weather during the replay, I wouldn't expect anything less than a 2 or 3 nil victory.
    I wish I shared your optimism about the result in the replay. Stenhousemuir will be better on their own patch and probably create more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A few points.

- and I’m sorry but if anyone offers close to £7m for McKenna, we should take it.

Sam was a man short today. He's got no control when taking a pass. Just bounces off him to nowhere!

We seem to turn in an abysmal performance after every international and winter break. We got exactly what we deserved, thats what happens when don't take your changes - they just needed one.

Their keeper was sh1te but we didn't test him nearly enough with long range shots.

Looked like it could've been a straight red for that studs up foul on McGinn.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A few points.

*complacent*

Unfortunately my Red TV International worked perfectly all game, which is more than can be said for the team. As Brian Irvine said and others have repeated on here, it looked liked the players thought they just needed to turn up and stroll it and that would be enough. Although having said that Big Bri did play in the 1995 debacle against Stenny.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Unfortunately my Red TV International worked perfectly all game, which is more than can be said for the team. As Brian Irvine said and others have repeated on here, it looked liked the players thought they just needed to turn up and stroll it and that would be enough. Although having said that Big Bri did play in the 1995 debacle against Stenny.
    It was interesting what he said about the players that got beat 2-0 in Stenhousemuir.

Gutted I gave that a miss then - sounds like a fun day out for all.

Could be worse - we could be Motherwell.

Better a draw today - and a boot up the arse - than doing it at Hamilton midweek.

Complacency - pure & simple. Break didn’t seem to bother Hibs, Killie etc.

Hopefully DM will be suitably blunt...

He should have been brunt as half time told the players that they need to pull their socks up & get a quick second

We WILL win the replay. That said a few random thoughts from the dross today today

1) We were back to our 20 passes across the back p*sh that plagued us at the start of the season. We need to get back to the get it forward more quickly approach that suited us so well in December
    2) We would have won by three or four if either GMS or Stewart had buried their easy chances at start of second half
    3) Stewart had a good few touches so looks like he will bring his Killie form to us - he was played in his best position
    4) Both GMS and McGinn couldn't have crossed the road today never mind play a decent ball into the box. McLennan not much better when he came on.
    5) We don't need and shouldn't be playing both Shinnie and Ferguson in games like this
    6) Cosgrove gave another excellent demonstration today of why we still desperately badly need a higher quality forward (as did May when he came on)
    7) Ref decent today, rather have him over any of the supposed top flight referees
    8) Stenny very limited going forward albeit they took their one chance very well. Their two banks of four when defending coped with our ponderous style fairly comfortably - badly need a quicker tempo in the replay
    9) Why only put on two subs when needing a winner? Wilson played well at Livi so why not throw him on at end?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast