+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Stenhousemuir Roll Call and Sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It was interesting what he said about the players that got beat 2-0 in Stenhousemuir.
    What did he say?

We were a man short playing Cosgrove today, I had hoped Wilson would come on at some point to replace him.
    I have doubts about playing Stewart and Cosgrove together, Cosgrove is too clumsy to benefit from Stewart’s guile.

Agree with pretty much your full assessment RedZone

3) Stewart had a good few touches so looks like he will bring his Killie form to us - he was played in his best position

He was probably our best player today- then McGinn went off and he was pushed more wide right....

4) Both GMS and McGinn couldn't have crossed the road today never mind play a decent ball into the box. McLennan not much better when he came on.

After 20 minutes said to the lad, why doesn't McInnes switch GMS and McGinn so when they go past the full back they can cross the ball with their stronger foot. He did at the start of the second half- for all of 5-10 minutes. Our crossing and corners were abysmal

Didn't see them scoring, but after they did they could have won it with 2 decent balls into the box.

No excuse for the players on that performance- hope Derek has them training on the sand again tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    Agree with pretty much your full assessment RedZone

3) Stewart had a good few touches so looks like he will bring his Killie form to us - he was played in his best position

He was probably our best player today- then McGinn went off and he was pushed more wide right....

4) Both GMS and McGinn couldn't have crossed the road today never mind play a decent ball into the box. McLennan not much better when he came on.

After 20 minutes said to the lad, why doesn't McInnes switch GMS and McGinn so when they go past the full back they can cross the ball with their stronger foot. He did at the start of the second half- for all of 5-10 minutes. Our crossing and corners were abysmal

Didn't see them scoring, but after they did they could have won it with 2 decent balls into the box.

No excuse for the players on that performance- hope Derek has them training on the sand again tomorrow
    Agree with you that he was our best player although not much competition today!! I would have preferred May to have played wide when he came on and leave Stewart central as we spent all last season seeing that Stewart is not a winger

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    What did he say?
    Along the lines of the team didn’t get on with each other...they had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    We were a man short playing Cosgrove today, I had hoped Wilson would come on at some point to replace him.
    I have doubts about playing Stewart and Cosgrove together, Cosgrove is too clumsy to benefit from Stewart’s guile.
    Apart from a little bit (a tiny bit) of glimpses he showed in December more often than not we are always as good as playing a man short as long as that donkey is in the team.
    And before anybody gets on their soap box and rants at me for using the donkey as a scapegoat well that is most certainly not the case I said he was utter mince the day we signed him and have been quite vocal about that ever since.
    He's gash and should not be anywhere near our club, Aberdeen should have a higher standard than that ffs.

Back to the Stenny game before I accused by the police for derailing a thread. To a man yesterday we were shocking and are very luck to still be in the cup, but sometimes you need luck. Stenny will gutted because we were there to be beaten yesterday as once again we proved to everyone we are actually a shocking footballing team.

SF

It was a really poor performance and the fans should be refunded for having to sit through that. I think we actually looked a better team in December when we were having to play the younger players. They were hungrier and more determined to impress. Still think we badly need a number 10 and a poacher. There was a couple of times yesterday when 2 players in those positions would have made a huge difference. Still at least we get a second chance to go through

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    In all fairness to him, 1-1 against a really pish Stenhousemuir tells you that everyone else was pish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

Back to the Stenny game before I accused by the police for derailing a thread. To a man yesterday we were shocking and are very luck to still be in the cup, but sometimes you need luck. Stenny will gutted because we were there to be beaten yesterday as once again we proved to everyone we are actually a shocking footballing team.

SF
    We are a shocking football team who will find it very difficult down in Stenhousemuir to get into the next round. To all the happy clappers who cannot see past Del...if we get knocked out by Stenhousemuir would you sack McInnes?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We are a shocking football team who will find it very difficult down in Stenhousemuir to get into the next round. To all the happy clappers who cannot see past Del...if we get knocked out by Stenhousemuir would you sack McInnes?
    No.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast