+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LonDON Bars

LonDON Bars

With the demise of the Rob Roy on Edgware Road, where can a LonDON go and watch their beloved?

What happened to the Rob Roy? Turned into flats?

Oh I think the pub still exists but it's under new ownership... Probably a LonHUN

That's a shame but to be fair I hadn't been in it for years. It'll be like pining for Woolies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's a shame but to be fair I hadn't been in it for years. It'll be like pining for Woolies.
    I was never a fan of Woolies, probably because of the damage I subconsciously knew I was doing to my gnashers with those mix-ups*

*Was mix up a commonly used term for a bag of sugary treats of various forms?

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I was never a fan of Woolies, probably because of the damage I subconsciously knew I was doing to my gnashers with those mix-ups*

Yep, mix up is the term used. My youngest lad asks me to take him to the mix up shop now and again. £1 buys you a mediocre mix up now

Back to the initial question - I havnae been down for a while, but there was initially Riley's Sports Bar down by Trafalger square and then Cleopatra's Irish bar in Covent Garden. I keep an eye on the rob roy reds boys for advice, but it is magic walking through the capital and then suddenly hearing Doric in increasing frequency. Down my way - Deptford - The Little Crown shows SPFL and scottish cup if you ask - as long as there's no GAA or big big guffball games.

Quote Originally Posted by londonloon View Post
    Back to the initial question - I havnae been down for a while, but there was initially Riley's Sports Bar down by Trafalger square and then Cleopatra's Irish bar in Covent Garden. I keep an eye on the rob roy reds boys for advice, but it is magic walking through the capital and then suddenly hearing Doric in increasing frequency. Down my way - Deptford - The Little Crown shows SPFL and scottish cup if you ask - as long as there's no GAA or big big guffball games.
    Philomenas https://www.philomenas.co.uk was where a lot of the rob Roy boys were watching games. Not sure if it's still popular a lot of boys have moved on and I'm out of the loop these days

Quote Originally Posted by londonloon View Post
    Cleopatra's Irish bar in Covent Garden.
    Aye sorry, meant Philomena's.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

It's pick 'n' mix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast