+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoodoos

Hoodoos

We have finally beaten Stenhousemuir after almost 116 years. The longest it has taken to beat anyone. But it was only really at the fifth attempt.

Any Stattos know which team it took the most amount of games before victory rather than years?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We have finally beaten Stenhousemuir after almost 116 years. The longest it has taken to beat anyone. But it was only really at the fifth attempt.

Any Stattos know which team it took the most amount of games before victory rather than years?
    At my first Stenny match(aye that one!) I remember my grandad telling me about his grandad telling him about the great Stenhousemuir could be our bogey team, not any more and bring on QOS next......

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    At my first Stenny match(aye that one!) I remember my grandad telling me about his grandad telling him about the great Stenhousemuir could be our bogey team, not any more and bring on QOS next......

SF
    I don't know about stats and hoodos and all that stuff
    But in years gone by we were not all that guilty of beating Morton (during the Andy Ritchie days)

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I don't know about stats and hoodos and all that stuff
    But in years gone by we were not all that guilty of beating Morton (during the Andy Ritchie days)
    There was always a tough game at Cappielow, and big Andy could hit them from anywhere.

SF

Hoodoos are a pish concept, and merely a lame excuse for getting beaten.

Unless you're Buddy Guy and Junior Wells, like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggAXQyP8uPc

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

As usual I can't resist a question like this.

For those with good memories, there was a team that used to exist called rangers. We first played them in 1905 and didn't beat them until 1910 (4-2), which was the twelfth time of asking after three draws and eight defeats. Third Lanark was next longest (seventh game).

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    As usual I can't resist a question like this.

For those with good memories, there was a team that used to exist called rangers. We first played them in 1905 and didn't beat them until 1910 (4-2), which was the twelfth time of asking after three draws and eight defeats. Third Lanark was next longest (seventh game).
    Nice work min

Have we played/beaten Annan ever/yet?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Have we played/beaten Annan ever/yet?
    First team in competitive games or ever we have not played

Edinburgh City
    Airdrieonians (up for debate)
    Annan Athletic

That's my guess

I'd forgotten Edinburgh City.
    Are they still playing at Meadowbank?
    Airdrie's a funny one cos we'd played Clydebank.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast