+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the point

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello Mick.

While I have every sympathy with Blackpool's supporters and their plight I have no intention of boycotting home games, especially having stumped up for three season tickets in advance. Like (I'd imagine) the majority of Albion season ticket holders and match by match attendees I'm looking forward to the rest of the season to see if we can achieve promotion.

I've suffered enough down the Hawthorns these last few years ta and despite Jenkins running the good ship Albion tighter than Captain Bligh on the Bounty, this is the most fun I've had following Albion in years. And having shelled out god knows how much to buy us in the first place I can see approx' 3,000 tickets at a maximum of £20 per head going missing from the tills (not forgetting those charged at concession rates) carrying the comparative financial impact on Mr Lai of a wet paper pellet being fired at a rhino's arse from an elastic band over great distance in the face of a high wind.

Things may well turn toxic at home games if the wheels fall off footballing wise but that and a down turn in form may happen regardless of whether further monies were invested. As for away fixtures I love the jolly up and other than a welcome break from spending I'd only be punishing myself were I not to attend so boycott schmoycott.

I'll keep attending for now cheers Mick; keep smiling, stay happy fella and COYB .

In short - you are still going to games like me, but Lai is still a c unt Lets see who the Vile sign in the window, and lets see who we sign!

As for Jenkins - your a w anker!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are not Chinese Businesses restricted by their Government as to what they can invest in European business, particularly football clubs! This would of course limit what Lai can provide.
    If I am right, then stop using words that are supposed to be banned on this forum, even with a smiley face, to have a go at our owner.

Goodness me lads, these are some extremely harsh and critical views aren't they, about certain foreign owners of some English FL clubs.

But seriously ok then lets go, Im definitely in! lol. Where do I sign in so I can also be part of the 'bashing & slashing' of our foreign owners ?.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    In short - you are still going to games like me, but Lai is still a c unt Lets see who the Vile sign in the window, and lets see who we sign!

As for Jenkins - your a w anker!
    Sorry Al but you cannot blame Lai for turning down over, £75m for Rondon, Evans, Dawson and Jay Rod. That was people more closely involved in the day to day running of the club.
    Where's the contingency plan for the Barnes recall?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Blackpool fans have got the best idea for getting rid of a bad owner......stop attending!

The more the parachute payments reduce the bigger impact lack of gate receipts have.

Most of you will ( unlike me ) continue to attend whilst promotion seems possible and I get that.

However,as soon as we slip into mid or lower table I can see things becoming toxic and an organised mass refusal to attend will drive this f king runt out of our club.

We need to suffer before this can get better.
    Trouble is a lot have payed up front. Nobody in their right mind would give up something they have already payed for.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but are not Chinese Businesses restricted by their Government as to what they can invest in European business, particularly football clubs! This would of course limit what Lai can provide.
    If I am right, then stop using words that are supposed to be banned on this forum, even with a smiley face, to have a go at our owner.
    Apparently this only applies to us.

I’m not that well informed about these matters, but, do not both Wolves and Villa have Chinese owners?

And, restrictions and limitations do not seem to apply for them?

With first an overdraft and now a bank loan, it's strange how a bull s hitter like you still says that peace didn't take the £27m dividend, or surely we'd be using that now instead paying hefty overdraft fees and loan arrangement fees.

Go on create some more false accounting techniques to show us all the money is still in wba fc coffers.

It is clear Lai leveraged our purchase based on anticipated future prem profits and he is essentially a gambler who has failed, all that c rap about cannot get his money out of China is b ull, as it is not stopping the other Chinese bidding £35m for Arnoutvic at West ham.

He is like that Dr x at the vile, all fur coat no knickers,

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I’m not that well informed about these matters, but, do not both Wolves and Villa have Chinese owners?

And, restrictions and limitations do not seem to apply for them?
    As I made it clear, or I thought I had, I don't know anymore than you and probably most of us, but there is this restriction on money leaving China.
    Wolves, for example, are funded by Fosun, a huge and very rich organisation with many outlets over the world. It could be quite feasible that funds are provided by these concerns and are therefore not affected by the Chinese restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    With first an overdraft and now a bank loan, it's strange how a bull s hitter like you still says that peace didn't take the £27m dividend, or surely we'd be using that now instead paying hefty overdraft fees and loan arrangement fees.

Go on create some more false accounting techniques to show us all the money is still in wba fc coffers.

It is clear Lai leveraged our purchase based on anticipated future prem profits and he is essentially a gambler who has failed, all that c rap about cannot get his money out of China is b ull, as it is not stopping the other Chinese bidding £35m for Arnoutvic at West ham.

He is like that Dr x at the vile, all fur coat no knickers,
    In my opinion, Dumber, the Arnautovic deal is totally different; it is a Chinese Club making the bid and therefore that would bolster their funds.
    Also, Dumber, the £27 million went from WBA Football Club Ltd to WBA Group Ltd and according to their (Group) accounts, Jeremy Peace, nor any other shareholder, received any form of dividend payment in the year in question, the only way a shareholder can benefit. Ask your wife about the rules of accounting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)