+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the point

What is the point

What is the point of having presumably rich owners if they do not put any money into transfer funds? Albion are, according to the a Express and Star taking out a bank loan to cover one more transfer, seems the chinaman thinks we'll bounce back at the first attempt working on the cheap.

Also is there any reason why Albion have to go and broadcast our financial business to all and sundry?

https://tinyurl.com/y7685r84

Lai is a despicable little s h i t bag runt.

Peace f u c k e d us royally in the a r s e by selling to this four foot s h y s t e r.

Borrowing against next season’s parachute payment......what a sad indicement of our owner.

I hope you go bust you Chinese c - - t.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Peace f u c k e d us royally in the a r s e by selling to this four foot s h y s t e r.

Borrowing against next season’s parachute payment......what a sad indicement of our owner.

The article in the express and ding, also mentions most championship clubs are in debt, but many borrow from their owners instead of Banks. Says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Also is there any reason why Albion have to go and broadcast our financial business to all and sundry?

https://tinyurl.com/y7685r84
    My take on this is the same as you. Looks like Jenkins getting his excuses in early for me as he expects to fail!

Not got a problem with us living within our means it is what Lai said straight from the start. I just wish all/most clubs lived by this as well. It would make it a more level playing field.

The problem is though if everyone lived within their means then it would just maintain the status quo. The big get bigger etc. The only way that the likes of Chelsea and Man City have been able to get to where they are now is by outside and sustained investment in this money led PL world.

One or two season investments are no good and to be honest the big clubs are so big now that their power is unlikely to be challenged as I cannot see anyone being prepared to invest the amounts now needed to get to the top 6.

Even if Lai did invest now is he likely to keep investing in something he really doesn’t understand or seem to care about? I doubt it very much so living within our means is where we are and I suspect where we will stay.

Hope the little fecker chokes on his prawn crackers

What has Lai done for this club? Absolutely nothing. I don't think he's actually seen us play more than three or four times. We need to be rid of him. The problem is that he bought the club at an inflated price and we're not worth anywhere near that now so how is he going to recoup his money? The only way is for him to cyphon off any monies that we receive from wherever, leaving us nothing to invest in players. Nobody is going to buy him out for what he bought us for and therefore we are stuck with him! The lesson to be learnt is not to sell to foreign owners, despite the fact that one or two clubs have struck lucky. We certainly haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    What has Lai done for this club? Absolutely nothing. I don't think he's actually seen us play more than three or four times. We need to be rid of him. The problem is that he bought the club at an inflated price and we're not worth anywhere near that now so how is he going to recoup his money? The only way is for him to cyphon off any monies that we receive from wherever, leaving us nothing to invest in players. Nobody is going to buy him out for what he bought us for and therefore we are stuck with him! The lesson to be learnt is not to sell to foreign owners, despite the fact that one or two clubs have struck lucky. We certainly haven't.
    Good posts have to agree with all , we're 4th in the League & im already getting pissed off with the whole thing , cheep **** players Loaned players , no investment, if we were lucky enough to go up we would come straight down again , as someone's just said whats the point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Blackpool fans have got the best idea for getting rid of a bad owner......stop attending!

The more the parachute payments reduce the bigger impact lack of gate receipts have.

Most of you will ( unlike me ) continue to attend whilst promotion seems possible and I get that.

However,as soon as we slip into mid or lower table I can see things becoming toxic and an organised mass refusal to attend will drive this f king runt out of our club.

We need to suffer before this can get better.

Blackpool fans have got the best idea for getting rid of a bad owner......stop attending!

The more the parachute payments reduce the bigger impact lack of gate receipts have.

Most of you will ( unlike me ) continue to attend whilst promotion seems possible and I get that.

However,as soon as we slip into mid or lower table I can see things becoming toxic and an organised mass refusal to attend will drive this f king runt out of our club.

We need to suffer before this can get better.
    Hello Mick.

While I have every sympathy with Blackpool's supporters and their plight I have no intention of boycotting home games, especially having stumped up for three season tickets in advance. Like (I'd imagine) the majority of Albion season ticket holders and match by match attendees I'm looking forward to the rest of the season to see if we can achieve promotion.

I've suffered enough down the Hawthorns these last few years ta and despite Jenkins running the good ship Albion tighter than Captain Bligh on the Bounty, this is the most fun I've had following Albion in years. And having shelled out god knows how much to buy us in the first place I can see approx' 3,000 tickets at a maximum of £20 per head going missing from the tills (not forgetting those charged at concession rates) carrying the comparative financial impact on Mr Lai of a wet paper pellet being fired at a rhino's arse from an elastic band over great distance in the face of a high wind.

Things may well turn toxic at home games if the wheels fall off footballing wise but that and a down turn in form may happen regardless of whether further monies were invested. As for away fixtures I love the jolly up and other than a welcome break from spending I'd only be punishing myself were I not to attend so boycott schmoycott.

I'll keep attending for now cheers Mick; keep smiling, stay happy fella and COYB .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)