+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the point

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    As I made it clear, or I thought I had, I don't know anymore than you and probably most of us, but there is this restriction on money leaving China.
    Wolves, for example, are funded by Fosun, a huge and very rich organisation with many outlets over the world. It could be quite feasible that funds are provided by these concerns and are therefore not affected by the Chinese restriction.
    I've just realised that Villa are in fact owned by a joint venture between an Egyptian and American billionaires!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Sorry Al but you cannot blame Lai for turning down over, £75m for Rondon, Evans, Dawson and Jay Rod. That was people more closely involved in the day to day running of the club.
    Where's the contingency plan for the Barnes recall?

Contingency plan is hopefully Harper will stay in the side to gain experience as he's a great prospect. We need replacements for Brunt, HRK and a back up keeper as Johnstone is not good enough in my view.

The clubs contingency plan though will be another loan and jobs for mates so Brunt, Bartley and Mears will no doubt be safe and happy as pigs in muck. As for Harper, once Livermore returns, Big Dave will no doubt ditch him! He won't want Mr Sweet Foot ( 3 years ago maybe ) out of the side for a young kid!

PS - Let's hope Livermore has had a good rest as he does tend to get knackered and hard life on 50 grand a week for him!

Our current wage bill is £38m, our tv money in the Championship £7m, ticket sales £7m, other commercial and merchandising £12m total income £2m. Parachute money only thing stopping us going bust! 41.5m this season, 34m next then 15m.
    According to report in E&S 19 of the 24 Championship sides have funded between 70 and 100% of borrowed funds via their owners.
    Seems to me like we are between a Rock and a hard place!

Still struggling to see how we can make 8 years Premier League money @over £100m per year disappear in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Still struggling to see how we can make 8 years Premier League money @over £100m per year disappear in one season.
    This money will be tied up in a Jersey mansion and a Jersey bank account - simple!

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    In my opinion, Dumber, the Arnautovic deal is totally different; it is a Chinese Club making the bid and therefore that would bolster their funds.
    Also, Dumber, the £27 million went from WBA Football Club Ltd to WBA Group Ltd and according to their (Group) accounts, Jeremy Peace, nor any other shareholder, received any form of dividend payment in the year in question, the only way a shareholder can benefit. Ask your wife about the rules of accounting.
    More bu llsh it Bob.

The dividend was paid to Peace and there is in no contra entry to show it went anywhere else nor did they accounts say it went wba group Ltd.

That is your made up version.

If we have £28m why the loan and overdraft?

And it's a good job your opinion about arnoutvic and the bids for him mean Jack s hit because again it's b ollox.

Lai is Chinese and wba fc are his asset.

For arntoitvic the money is leaving China.

So basically your latest theory is again a b ull s hit as you seem to be saying one Chinese company can invest in it's business whereas Lai cannot invest in his.

In essence you regurgitate what you read on other fansites and make it "your opinion".

Stick to bashing them out whilst think of Beckenbauer!!!

I'll answer this post of yours in due course.

Haven't been on here for a while but I'm glad to see Mick has basically said what I wanted to...only slightly more "industrial"
    "Yow'm in Lye" is just another cheap Chinese replacement for something that was once Made in England ..in this case a tight fisted money grabbing twa .. err..bounder.
    Just shows how crap this league is when we're sitting 3rd at the moment...no wonder the d1ngle5 won it last season!
    May the Lord help us all

"Yow'm in Lye" - Good to hear from ya

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)