+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New signing imminent

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    I bet any of the other clubs in this division wish they had our squad, and we have just added to it with 2 outstanding very young players BUT YET some suporters are not satisfied just what do you want, because me as a supporter since the last time we won a league title in 1955/56 thinks this is one of our best chances since, we have a good team a good Management set up and good owners just get behind them.
    Good owners where you get that from they've said NOTHING about where this clubs going and they haven't exactly put their hands in their bulging with cash pockets

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Good owners where you get that from they've said NOTHING about where this clubs going and they haven't exactly put their hands in their bulging with cash pockets
    If I was thee lad i'd go and support some one else because I can see your Hart is not in Barnsleyfc every thing you post is negative . It's obvious you did not listen to the new owners when they took over they stressed they WOULD NOT THROW MONEY at the club and hoped they would be self sufficient,.

You're right Mr C, we do have the best team in the league BUT we've just won 5 and drawn 1 in the last 6 and we're still 5th.
    We've just received over £2M for 2 of our first team squad and bought some kids with lots of potential.
    I don't think anyone's expecting big named, big money signings, but I don't think it's asking alot to get a couple of extra bodies in that could help out if needed.
    Just because we have the best team doesn't mean we're going to finish in the top 2.
    It would be annoying to say the least if we finished 3rd and lost out in the play offs.
    A couple of loans would do it.
    Take Spurs for example.
    2 weeks ago they were above Man City with an outside chance of the title.
    Harry Kane & Delli Alli get injured, they sell Dembele, and Son goes to the Asia Cup.
    Now they could miss out on top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    He's right Mr C the owners have not said where they are going with this club or what their ambition is for the club No mission statement
    These two "outstanding young players" where do you get that from because I'll wager you'd never heard of them before yesterday
    so on what do you base your opinion
    Don't disagree about our current set up [soon to be partly dismantled] but how quickly you seem to have forgotten the Jan 2016 pre sale squad

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    You're right Mr C, we do have the best team in the league BUT we've just won 5 and drawn 1 in the last 6 and we're still 5th.
    We've just received over £2M for 2 of our first team squad and bought some kids with lots of potential.
    I don't think anyone's expecting big named, big money signings, but I don't think it's asking alot to get a couple of extra bodies in that could help out if needed.
    Just because we have the best team doesn't mean we're going to finish in the top 2.
    It would be annoying to say the least if we finished 3rd and lost out in the play offs.
    A couple of loans would do it.
    Take Spurs for example.
    2 weeks ago they were above Man City with an outside chance of the title.
    Harry Kane & Delli Alli get injured, they sell Dembele, and Son goes to the Asia Cup.
    Now they could miss out on top 4.
    Hodger, I think of you as bloke with good knowledge so I ask you this if we buy 1 or 2 good and poven Championship/ Division 1 players would you play them straight away and drop 1/2 from the squad and risk upsetting them we have already had two players good enough to play in any team in this division Moncur and Jackson wanting away, 1 already gone because they can't get in the team we have a player at the moment on the bench an international player to boot who finds it hard to get back in. It's my opinion we have a big enough squad and to add by young and fit players already league players is the right way forward. Hope you can see my point.

Has everyone forgot the emergency loan facility outside of the transfer window. Apart from Matty James, I cant remember using it. Did we use it for a keeper?
    If I can’t remember using it that often then don’t we have a good enough squad size?
    Just putting it out there. I don’t think we need anyone unless they are a standard above what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle07 View Post
    Has everyone forgot the emergency loan facility outside of the transfer window. Apart from Matty James, I cant remember using it. Did we use it for a keeper?
    If I can’t remember using it that often then don’t we have a good enough squad size?
    Just putting it out there. I don’t think we need anyone unless they are a standard above what we have.

Don't think Matty James was an emergency loan
    He was a normal loan from Jan to the end of the season I think
    Emergency loan rules have now changed

I get your point about upsetting players but this is how things are these days Mr C.
    It's a squad game now and there are dozens of players in all divisions not getting games.
    I like Brown & Williams but I don't think they can expect to play every game.
    We have been pretty lucky with injuries so far. Apart from Dougal nobody has been out for more than a couple of weeks. Then there's suspensions. Again we've not been too badly hit.
    I gave you the Spurs situation before. That shows how quickly can get out of hand.
    It's not many weeks back Cavare, Thiam, Lindsay, McGeehan & Moore were all deemed not good enough.
    If you bide your time you'll get your chance.
    The fact remains we've lost 2 experienced players with Championship games behind them and we've brought in kids with no experience that aren't ready for the first team.
    Luton were happy to take Moncur because he wasn't in our plans. There must be other players at other clubs that would come and take their chances with us, even on loan.

Stop talking sense Hodger
    Luton added at least some experience to their squad in signing Moncur & we were plainly stupid to let him go there
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-01-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Evvin sold Pearson and now Jackson possibly going we could be down to just two first team centre backs. If Jackson does go and we dunt replace with a first team ready centre back an injury to Pinnock or Lyndsay would stuff us.

Evvin sed that it cud be Pinnock that is sold for "sustainability/made a profit/retained an interest" reasons.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast