+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enzio in contention for Yeovil!

Enzio in contention for Yeovil!

Neal Ardley says Enzio Boldewijn could make his long-awaited return to action for Notts County this weekend.
    The winger has been absent since suffering a knee injury at Morecambe in November but returned to full training this week – quicker than previously expected.

And Ardley says the Dutchman is in contention as the Magpies visit Yeovil on Saturday.

“David Vaughan has trained this week, Andy Kellett is 50/50 and we’re getting close with Kane Hemmings too.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...yeovil-170119/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-01-2019 at 04:18 PM.

All of this is great news, so long as it doesn't back fire and crock him again for rest of the season because we've brought him back too soon. NA seemed to be getting the best out of Vaughan and Kellett as well and I think with those two, Enzio and O'Brien our midfield starts to look reasonable again. Just need to get our full backs sorted and Hemmings fit again and there will be a glimmer of hope for the remainder of the season.

This season is mad. Just looking at some of these names - Enzio, Hemmings, Vaughan, O'Brien, etc. - they are streets ahead of the players we had in those pre-Munto years. Remember when we finished 13th with Thommo in charge? You can't even compare the quality of that squad with this one. And yet here we are, the worst team in England. Such a strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    All of this is great news, so long as it doesn't back fire and crock him again for rest of the season because we've brought him back too soon. NA seemed to be getting the best out of Vaughan and Kellett as well and I think with those two, Enzio and O'Brien our midfield starts to look reasonable again. Just need to get our full backs sorted and Hemmings fit again and there will be a glimmer of hope for the remainder of the season.
    i bet they will still find a slot in the team for Hewitt...

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    This season is mad. Just looking at some of these names - Enzio, Hemmings, Vaughan, O'Brien, etc. - they are streets ahead of the players we had in those pre-Munto years. Remember when we finished 13th with Thommo in charge? You can't even compare the quality of that squad with this one. And yet here we are, the worst team in England. Such a strange one.
    That's what annoys me most, to be honest.

During the Trust years we were having to scrape by with kids like Lewis McMahon, Ian Ross, Dan Martin and Stacy Long, who with hindsight performed above themselves just to keep us in the league on an absolute shoestring.

Compared with those days, the managers under Alan Hardy (and Ray Trew in his early years before his interest waned) enjoyed a relative embarrassment of riches and yet, as you say, we've managed to become the worst team in the league. The current squad doesn't lack ability or previous league experience, but the most important qualities of fight and guts, are well and truly missing. I don't include O'Brien in that criticism, because on first viewing he looked to exactly what we need. We just need several more of the same type!
    Last edited by jackal2; 17-01-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Enzio is the best player at Notts by a country mile or ten. A genuine match winner !

I just hope Ardley doesn't bring him back too early and he is then out for the season.

I don't see where he fits in to a 5-3-2 0r 3-5-2.

He's a winger that fits in a 4-4-2.

Maybe he could come on as sub for the last 30 mins and play as support striker, but that's a bout it. Once he's fully fit again, if we want to use him properly, he has to play in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I don't see where he fits in to a 5-3-2 0r 3-5-2.

He's a winger that fits in a 4-4-2.

Maybe he could come on as sub for the last 30 mins and play as support striker, but that's a bout it. Once he's fully fit again, if we want to use him properly, he has to play in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3
    It's an interesting conundrum but for the lift he'll give the fans and hopefully team he could play right back [KIDDING!]

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    With all the players returning from injury but particularly Enzio (because he's the only one who can really make things happen) we simply must not play them too soon. (1) If not fully match-fit they won't help! (2) Aggravate injury & be out for the rest of the season!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast