+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enzio in contention for Yeovil!

When he is fit I would like to see him play down the middle, he has pace and can run at defenders. They don't like players that do that and with Hemmings or Dennis alongside him it could be a strong point for us. We wouldn't be able to play hoof ball but with O'Brien and possibly Vaughn in midfield we would have a bit of creativity and play the ball on the floor.
    Obviously this would change if we signed a big target man this month.

Talk about grasping at straws. The only silver lining we have at the moment is players coming back from injury? The same players who made no difference before they were injured?

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    Talk about grasping at straws. The only silver lining we have at the moment is players coming back from injury? The same players who made no difference before they were injured?
    If you don't think Enzio made a difference at the start of the season you weren't watching, he was involved in the majority of the goals we were scoring and is one of the first players since the likes of Judge, Davies, Hughes, Kasper, Jackson that we've had that is clearly playing well below his level imo.

One of the big problems we've had this season is that we haven't had enough of our best players fit at the same time all season, I doubt we've ever really played what any of our managers would call their strongest 11 whilst all of them are fit, we've just been throwing together whatever team we can and hoping for the best.

Also interesting how people are quite happy suggesting we throw in an untried winger like Sam Osbourne in at right wing back but won't suggest we do it with an experienced (and proven) winger like Enzio. (I'm not suggesting it either, both would be stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Enzio is the best player at Notts by a country mile or ten. A genuine match winner !

I just hope Ardley doesn't bring him back too early and he is then out for the season.
    Yes I agree. We need to be thinking about the entire remaining 18 games and not just Yeovil. If he's not ready for Saturday he's not ready.

I'd sooner him come back in another week if it meant we'd have him for the rest of the campaign. But football's not that simple as there is a risk of injury every time a player plays.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    If you don't think Enzio made a difference at the start of the season you weren't watching, he was involved in the majority of the goals we were scoring and is one of the first players since the likes of Judge, Davies, Hughes, Kasper, Jackson that we've had that is clearly playing well below his level imo.

One of the big problems we've had this season is that we haven't had enough of our best players fit at the same time all season, I doubt we've ever really played what any of our managers would call their strongest 11 whilst all of them are fit, we've just been throwing together whatever team we can and hoping for the best.

Also interesting how people are quite happy suggesting we throw in an untried winger like Sam Osbourne in at right wing back but won't suggest we do it with an experienced (and proven) winger like Enzio. (I'm not suggesting it either, both would be stupid)
    His goals made no difference to our league position. His quality isn't in doubt. But the return of one quality players isn't going to suddenly make the rest in to a winning team. I doubt, having been our since November, he'll make much of a difference now. How many games before he's actually match fit?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    When he is fit I would like to see him play down the middle, he has pace and can run at defenders. They don't like players that do that and with Hemmings or Dennis alongside him it could be a strong point for us. We wouldn't be able to play hoof ball but with O'Brien and possibly Vaughn in midfield we would have a bit of creativity and play the ball on the floor.
    Obviously this would change if we signed a big target man this month.
    I agree and I think Kewell's idea of playing him up front with Dennis looked quite promising until he got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    His goals made no difference to our league position.
    We could have been further adrift than we are now without them. This could very easily go right down to the wire and goal difference and goals scored may end up playing a part in our future at season's end.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I agree and I think Kewell's idea of playing him up front with Dennis looked quite promising until he got injured.

I remember the fans booing when Enzio was put in the middle but he created a couple of chances for himself

Quote Originally Posted by Pembo22 View Post
    I remember the fans booing when Enzio was put in the middle but he created a couple of chances for himself
    They booed because Kewell put Duffy on to make room for Enzio going up front, I still think it was a great sub though, Duffy shored us up at the back and Enzio had two great chances to win the game, had he taken one of them Kewell could still be in a job

They seem to be building Enzio's "return" up a fair bit on social media for him to just have a few minutes off the bench btw... I really hope we don't rush him back too soon

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    We could have been further adrift than we are now without them. This could very easily go right down to the wire and goal difference and goals scored may end up playing a part in our future at season's end.
    Could. Stand by what I said. Rock bottom is rock bottom. His goals haven't contributed anything real yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast