+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Moncur to Luton

Gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Bahre,Woodrow,Dougill etc,all better than the players they replaced.
    Until they play in the championship that's just pure speculation .

Niceley timed. After the home match... just before the away game.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Bahre,Woodrow,Dougill etc,all better than the players they replaced.
    I'm talking about the period from August when Goat said "we are happy with the squad we have".

Woodrow replaced Bradshaw. He has shown ability against Third Division opponents whereas Bradshaw was still scoring on his own up front against Championship teams.

Please tell me who Bahre and Dougall replaced so I can make a comparison.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-01-2019 at 04:53 PM.

I’ve said it all along, we don’t matter! They will sell ANYONE at ANYTIME as long as the price is right so they are making money.
    They saw a “cash cow” and bought it 1.5 million for Potts replaced with Green who will be no more than 300k that’s 1.2 million to the share holders!
    Green will go for more than that eventually and be replaced with some youngster for peanuts.
    If we get promoted they will sell at Championship prices and replace with cheaper options and we will be relegated and it’s then repeat, repeat, repeat!
    It’s us that are the mugs cos they know we will support the team because it’s our life and we are attached, they have no attachment just the money!
    I will evaluate at the end of the season cos the only way I continue to watch them and buy the shirts etc is if we go up and they invest in a team that competes at Championship level, if not I become a sit at home listening to Sky Sports fan cos i’m nobody’s mug!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I’ve said it all along, we don’t matter! They will sell ANYONE at ANYTIME as long as the price is right so they are making money.
    They saw a “cash cow” and bought it 1.5 million for Potts replaced with Green who will be no more than 300k that’s 1.2 million to the share holders!
    Green will go for more than that eventually and be replaced with some youngster for peanuts.
    If we get promoted they will sell at Championship prices and replace with cheaper options and we will be relegated and it’s then repeat, repeat, repeat!
    It’s us that are the mugs cos they know we will support the team because it’s our life and we are attached, they have no attachment just the money!
    I will evaluate at the end of the season cos the only way I continue to watch them and buy the shirts etc is if we go up and they invest in a team that competes at Championship level, if not I become a sit at home listening to Sky Sports fan cos i’m nobody’s mug!
    I basically said that in a earlier post perky and I just wonder how many others are thinking exactly the same as you and me

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Why weren't we saying all this when we signed Wiseman, Perkins, Mcnulty, Davies, Dagnall and Kennedy? When I was saying third division manager, third division team.

I was heckled and didn't know what I was on about. What's up couldn't we say that in Championship because we weren't big enough then?

However, suddenly now we're in league 1 we can afford that level of arrogance. The mind boggles. Had we stood up and been counted and voiced our concerns a bit more we wouldn't be swallowing as much sh1te all these years later.

I hate saying I told you so. But I did in spades.
    They are being judged against different standards, and rightly so.
    Cryne was a local man, a fan, and in today's world he didn't have the financial clout.
    The new owners were bound to be treated with suspicion.
    They're not football men, certainly not fans, and have ridiculous wealth.
    Why did they buy us. They've never hinted that they might try and get us to the Premier league, in fact they've helped take us down.
    We're now 5th with a game in hand, we're on a roll results wise so you'd think it wouldn't take much investment to get us into the top 2. Instead they've cashed in on 2 established first team squad members and brought in an unknown League 2 winger, and maybe a non league full back. Not only that, they've helped bolster the squad of a team in direct competition with us. Moncur is no pudding, and if he's 'on it' he can run a game at this level. He's better on our bench than 'pulling the strings' for Luton.
    Talking of 'I told you so's' me & SB warned you what might happen. I've not seen anything to ease my suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You should know dolls head just as much as we do .
    Is this available in English ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    They are being judged against different standards, and rightly so.
    Cryne was a local man, a fan, and in today's world he didn't have the financial clout.
    The new owners were bound to be treated with suspicion.
    They're not football men, certainly not fans, and have ridiculous wealth.
    Why did they buy us. They've never hinted that they might try and get us to the Premier league, in fact they've helped take us down.
    We're now 5th with a game in hand, we're on a roll results wise so you'd think it wouldn't take much investment to get us into the top 2. Instead they've cashed in on 2 established first team squad members and brought in an unknown League 2 winger, and maybe a non league full back. Not only that, they've helped bolster the squad of a team in direct competition with us. Moncur is no pudding, and if he's 'on it' he can run a game at this level. He's better on our bench than 'pulling the strings' for Luton.
    Talking of 'I told you so's' me & SB warned you what might happen. I've not seen anything to ease my suspicion.
    I take your comments on board but my view was that they deserved a chance before we stuck the boot in so to speak .

I don't think I'm saying anything untrue here when I say SB was kicking them right from the day the story broke that they were interested in the club and he's never let up .

It's still worth noting that the new ownership haven't done anything different to the so called one of our own who sold our best players to boost his families wealth , that actually hurts me more because he was allegedly a fan .

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast