+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Moncur to Luton

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    But why take that chance P&M when there is no need ?

You know yourself football aint an exact science , what if he goes there and he's to Luton what Cantona was to Man Utd ?

I'm not that bothered he's gone it's where he's gone that's winding me up , all for a few hundred grand .

Tell you now mate if he makes the difference at Luton and we don't go up it will get ugly down there .

Feels like they are taking the pyss out of us .

Course they're taking pyss mate, always will do n all. It's Barnsley FC, its what we do. Although I don't rate Moncur I agree that selling him to a promotion rival is barmy.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Agreed , we've had this before with that lot in the past and we don't want a repeat of that period .

Av said it afooar mate, ignore the guy. To me he must have a pretty miserable existence to perpetually come on here wi his various digs at us. People like that get a kick out of reactions, as I say miserable existence. I just hope my life doesn't ever get as sad as that

Anyway back to BFC stuff again eh lol.
    Id completely forgot about both Elliott Lee & Matty Pearson, who were both sold to Luton werent they.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Anyway back to BFC stuff again eh lol.
    Id completely forgot about both Elliott Lee & Matty Pearson, who were both sold to Luton werent they.
    Yes but not when Luton were near promotion rivals
    It must be something in the BFC psyche as we seem to do it too often don't we?

I couldn’t give two hoots about him going and I praise the club for making some money and retaining an interest. He wasn’t signing because of little game time. Anyone that would sign on his game time would be stupid! Well done the board for selling.
    We have played Luton twice so no direct threat (even though he wouldn’t be allowed to play us due to the condition the club would of added).
    The guy was great at running forward but was greedy and wouldn’t track back. Impact player off the bench to opposition tired legs but not passing or opposition getting the ball back and him not tracking back with it, made him a liability. We have had two years with little improvement. Others improved.
    Good luck George, all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Yes but not when Luton were near promotion rivals. It must be something in the BFC psyche as we seem to do it too often don't we?
    Err yes we do Exile and I genuinely can't understand the logic in it either.
    I don't think we needed or have missed Lee, and Pearson was also merely a back up wasn't he.
    All I can suggest about this sale is we would have got nothing for Moncs in the summer, and he wanted to leave, and there may have been a fall out etc!.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle07 View Post
    I couldn’t give two hoots about him going and I praise the club for making some money and retaining an interest. He wasn’t signing because of little game time. Anyone that would sign on his game time would be stupid! Well done the board for selling.
    We have played Luton twice so no direct threat (even though he wouldn’t be allowed to play us due to the condition the club would of added).
    The guy was great at running forward but was greedy and wouldn’t track back. Impact player off the bench to opposition tired legs but not passing or opposition getting the ball back and him not tracking back with it, made him a liability. We have had two years with little improvement. Others improved.
    Good luck George, all the best!
    In Goat's Press Release he carefully hasn't said "We made a profit on the player" a thing he crowed about in previous sales. The "retained an interest" phrase he uses could mean anything---Extra payment on first international cap ? Extra payment if Luton are promoted ? 5% sell on clause ? Who knows ?

This is a double edged sword for me.
    He wasn't getting game time because of his lack of application and poor work rate in my opinion. His ability to play at this level and have a major impact in some games is unquestionable.
    I just wouldn't have sold him to someone we are in direct competition with for a promotion slot. Fine we have got some cash but probably made a loss overall.
    There are other bench warmers as described above who are contributing far less because they are always in the sick room therefore Isgrove, Fryers and Hedges are the candidates I would have tried to offload before Moncur.

Someone has got to want to buy them haven't they? but presumably Luton wanted to buy Moncur

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Their wealth dwarfs Cryne's.
    Cryne had a court case hanging over him, and a terminal illness.
    He looked after his family before he died.
    I don't know enough about to argue his case, but these new boys are just using us as a plaything.
    Have they splashed our new signings across Times Square yet?
    There is no good reason for them to be in Barnsley.
    If they're just going to sell off our assets without even telling the manager, what future do we have?
    If we get promotion it will be in spite of them, not because of them.

" splashed our new signings across Times Square"

It's on page 4 of the South Yorks Times, is that what you meant ? And some say that Barnsley fans are deluded

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast