+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Hart to Stoke City

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Hmm. I know he wasn't popular but an experienced DOF at a club that's a revolving door for managers and coaches is an asset.
    It's now all on Ardley's shoulders, (who's got more than enough on his plate) and if he goes it's back to the churn of new manager, coaches, scouting network, agent fees and the usual tearing up of contracts, compensation and starting again.
    Without making any judgement on Paul Hart's contribution, he was brought in on the premise of working with his old trainee Harry Kewell, who didn't last long as it turned out. I'm sure Neal Ardley will have his own views on whether he needs a DOF or not. If he does, then the budget for Paul Hart can be used to bring in a replacement DOF satisfactory to both chairman and manager. If he doesn't, then it's potentially a small additional amount towards the playing budget.

That's 2 supposed outgoings posted by Happy, with no proof or substance attached

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Oh no! What if everything falls apart and we find ourselves bottom of the league?!

I'm sure Paul's a knowledgeable and well-connected guy, but when he came in I felt almost certain he either a) wouldn't make a noticeable difference, or b) wouldn't be around long enough to make a noticeable difference.

If this frees up money for a game-changing player, that's clearly of more value to us at this point.
    Damn, EVERY single club in L2 has a technical director, some have a director of technicalities as well, what the flerg are we gonna doooooooooooooooo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    I don't think we will need a Director of Football / Technical Director in the National League. I think massive cutbacks/redundancies/sackings will be the order of the day !!!
    May I just point out that until we are officially relegated we are in League Two and planning to remain there? Don't tll me you're another quitter now!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Damn, EVERY single club in L2 has a technical director, some have a director of technicalities as well, what the flerg are we gonna doooooooooooooooo !!!
    Perhaps we could automate the position. The football league's first technological director of technicalities. That would show 'em!

COME ON HARDY, SORT IT AAAAAAAHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    That's 2 supposed outgoings posted by Happy, with no proof or substance attached
    Okay fair enough !
    Paul Harts release Fee has been agreed today and his appointment at Stoke is announced tomorrow !

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    he was brought in on the premise of working with his old trainee Harry Kewell
    That was just a selling point and an added bonus, his qualifications go way beyond "once coached Harry Kewell" to be fair to him.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  20.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    May I just point out that until we are officially relegated we are in League Two and planning to remain there? Don't tll me you're another quitter now!

This ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    That was just a selling point and an added bonus, his qualifications go way beyond "once coached Harry Kewell" to be fair to him.
    Spot on. He once played for Notts County, obviously the highlight of an illustrious career, so we should all wish him well.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast