+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hart to Stoke City

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Freeman if you can please point to just one tangible thing Hart has done this season to improve Notts points total and squad quality I’ll happily reconsider my opinion of Hart as a lazy freeloader who made no difference at all during his time at Notts (in his last role).
    You can forget that, like many others he wont reply..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You can forget that, like many others he wont reply..
    Unlike Alan Hardy I am not expecting miracles.

Unlike Alan Hardy I am not expecting miracles.
    Hart joined Notts County to be closer to his home. If he really cared for the club he would have used his vast experience to get us out of this mess not be a rat leaving a sinking ship. He cares for Paul Hart and knows he's not going to make a difference here. Stoke is not that much closer than Luton in travelling time, happy motoring.

Sorry but I have to disagree.

When Hart joined and was interviewed he described his remit as "I’ve got a wide-ranging job specification,” he said. “I’m here for plenty of reasons and developing this club from the inside out is part of it.".

Let me assume that Paul Hart was never hired. Can you explain to me how Notts County would be worse off as a result? If you can I will happily concede my argument assuming you have some tangible evidence.

Hart stated himself he was hear for "plenty of reasons". I can't see one reason but if someone can help me out with this that would be great.

As far as I can see any players that have arrived since Harts spell at the club were brought in by the respective managers as either Kewell "we need to sure up the back line quick" signings or Ardley " if we dont sign these players we are going down signings as these are the major weak spots". Anybody could identify the positions where signings were made and correct me if I am wrong but form is even worse than since he arrived at the club. But its ok as he was impressed with the changing rooms.

There are oodles of people around the world working in oodles if places who make themselves busy doing not a lot and who are routinely scraped out in periodic reshuffles and so on. To me Paul Hart fitted into this category at Notts. I am not saying the man has not got talent but it was another Hardy wonder idea. Another band aid that was pointless.
    Spot on Queensland. As you said, the world is full of experienced, knowledgeable, well-connected people who end up in highly paid but nebulous positions and end up getting paid handsomely for doing very little, under the guise of 'consultant' or whatever. Hart made no impact whatsoever, but he was never going to - his remit seemed so vague that even he couldn't articulate it.

A club like ours needs a decent manager and decent players, then the rest will fall into place.

Freeman if you can please point to just one tangible thing Hart has done this season to improve Notts points total and squad quality I’ll happily reconsider my opinion of Hart as a lazy freeloader who made no difference at all during his time at Notts (in his last role).
    He can't because you, me or anyone else on here doesn't know. We can assume and pass opinions but we don't know what he did (if anything)behind the scenes. Did he have a say in bringing O'Brien or Barclay or the keeper to the club?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    He can't because you, me or anyone else on here doesn't know. We can assume and pass opinions but we don't know what he did (if anything)behind the scenes. Did he have a say in bringing O'Brien or Barclay or the keeper to the club?
    My point is that he was unnecessary in the first place. Just another Hardy stupid idea. As I've said many times fools and their money.....

Another band aid solution that did not work out.

My point is that he was unnecessary in the first place. Just another Hardy stupid idea. As I've said many times fools and their money.....

Another band aid solution that did not work out.
    I don't think he was here long enough to know one way or another if it worked or not

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Spot on Queensland. As you said, the world is full of experienced, knowledgeable, well-connected people who end up in highly paid but nebulous positions and end up getting paid handsomely for doing very little, under the guise of 'consultant' or whatever. Hart made no impact whatsoever, but he was never going to - his remit seemed so vague that even he couldn't articulate it.

A club like ours needs a decent manager and decent players, then the rest will fall into place.
    Agreed. Problem is Hardy wants to be all fancy dan about everything. He thinks that by thinking and acting like a Championship Club we will get there. He completely forgot to put the propor building blocks in place for that to happen and concentrated on fancy changing rooms and technical directors instead after his mate Nolan got found out when he ran out of mates to hire and failed to even do basic stuff like getting players fit.

Agreed. Problem is Hardy wants to be all fancy dan about everything. He thinks that by thinking and acting like a Championship Club we will get there. He completely forgot to put the propor building blocks in place for that to happen and concentrated on fancy changing rooms and technical directors instead after his mate Nolan got found out when he ran out of mates to hire and failed to even do basic stuff like getting players fit.
    Oh and he then hired one of his ex premiership frotter boys a hire that was at best treated with confusion by fans and seemingly disillusionment by players. The man has made so many big mistakes its frightening but its ok as he is pumping in money. What happens when he runs out and we are in the Conference?

Oh and he then hired one of his ex premiership frotter boys a hire that was at best treated with confusion by fans and seemingly disillusionment by players. The man has made so many big mistakes its frightening but its ok as he is pumping in money. What happens when he runs out and we are in the Conference?
    Then we will be in the place where we would have landed if he hadn't bought the club from Trew. Only he will be 9 million pound lighter.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast