+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hart to Stoke City

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Then we will be in the place where we would have landed if he hadn't bought the club from Trew. Only he will be 9 million pound lighter.
    I am certain that Bahtia and Strang would have saved us.

Jason Turner still listed
    Director of Football Operations
    What does that mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    Jason Turner still listed
    Director of Football Operations
    What does that mean ?
    Interesting, I'd assume he'd gone but his Twitter says he's still Director.

The https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...intent-1631975 from last June makes sobering reading, AH "I must take this opportunity to praise the tireless work of our football operations director, Jason Turner, who has been instrumental in all the above.

Jason’s knowledge and passion for the industry are ***** to us and he, along with several other members of staff, worked around the clock this week to help deliver all the brilliant news we have been delighted to share."

As also does AH's "We’re well and truly back on track."

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I don't think he was here long enough to know one way or another if it worked or not
    Really don't understand why Notts fans can't seem to grasp that his role was to improve us in the long term, as has been said, there is very little he could have achieved in such a short time to show results that fans would know about.

Without having someone in that role (it shouldn't be considered a luxury at our level, plenty of teams have them) you end up ripping up everything one manager has done and starting completely from scratch when the next one comes in and you're always building for the short term instead of the long term, this does not work and is one of the reasons we've ended up where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Really don't understand why Notts fans can't seem to grasp that his role was to improve us in the long term, as has been said, there is very little he could have achieved in such a short time to show results that fans would know about.

Without having someone in that role (it shouldn't be considered a luxury at our level, plenty of teams have them) you end up ripping up everything one manager has done and starting completely from scratch when the next one comes in and you're always building for the short term instead of the long term, this does not work and is one of the reasons we've ended up where we are now.

Exactly right, things take time to change and implement, unfortunately the way of the world (and more so the keyboard warriors on here) is 'I want it now' and who think the whole Notts scenario is like playing Football Manager on their PC.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Exactly right, things take time to change and implement, unfortunately the way of the world (and more so the keyboard warriors on here) is 'I want it now' and who think the whole Notts scenario is like playing Football Manager on their PC.
    You really shouldn't talk about our owner like that. He doesn't need a PC to play Football Manager.

I don't expect anyone to work miracles at the club but lets not forget he left Jones at Luton in the same role to take this role on as it I would guess is something he wanted to do, now 4-5 months later however long he has been here he has gone back to the same role with Jones but at a different club.

The bloke has zero loyalty and he is someone I don't ever want us to employ again he only got the job because he has links to Nottingham and no doubt has "friends" here.

Anyway he has gone now nothing we can do about that whether we like him or not.

We should be planning for life in the non-league now but it looks like we aren't doing that for 6 weeks which seems very unprofessional to me this would be my priority its a negative angle from me but a realistic one.

Notts hoping he can pull some loan strings at Stoke...

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...l-hart-2443608

Good luck to him. Bigger club, better division and probably more money, can't blame him for leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    His Hart wasn't in it.

Two reasons I disliked him- his preferred style was to by-pass midfield and his first signing was to be Phil Stent.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast