+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpie group to start again

Divide and conquer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Divide and conquer.
    united we fight on

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    united we fight on
    That's how this should be.If there is any sort of divide between protests/protesters,Ashley gets what he wants.Even if people can't or are not keen on being part of any protests,they need to give those trying to do something support.A divided protest against him will not work.

We need to start going after Sports Direct again. Ashley can't stand when people do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Byker Mag View Post
    when they called off the protest the spineless ****s lost the last ounce of credibility they had left just the same as the editor of the mag
    I was pissed off when the protest was cancelled-or, rather, postponed- but, the more I thought about it, the more I started to think it was the right thing given the 'information' they had at the time. If it turns out it was just a PR stunt by Ashley then hindsight makes them look bad but if there was a chance that the protests could have had an adverse effect on the possible takeover then postponing them was absolutely the right thing to do at the time.

It didn't help that it came on the back of the cancelled Sports Direct HQ protest which I think was badly handled but I think they were trying to do what was right. Let's be honest, we're all so desperate for change that a lot of us, to varying degrees, bought into the idea that he might indeed sell this time (albeit most did so with a healthy dose of scepticism too) and these folk were no different.

I think the next planned boycott will be better supported than people think.

However, personally, I think the idea of a 'sit-in' is a terrible idea. especially given the late kick-off. I don't mean to knock them because they're at least trying to do something but I think fans not turning up when the cameras are on is a lot more powerful than people standing around after the game chanting then eventually drifting off in groups which is what I suspect will happen.

The reason the sit in for ManC has been chosen is that it is high profile game, its right at the end of the window, it’s on TV and we are likely to get humped so people will be frustrated. We can do the same for Huddersfield etc but they are too far off after the window closes and it was felt we needed to strike ASAP. Other things are going to be planned but can’t say what as yet. It’s felt that apart from some people having to go for buses etc it covers the ‘I want to support the team, hes got my money, I don’t want to miss any of the game’ fans. Let's see what people do. If you want Ashley gone sit in I say. Its 10 mins and will show on TV as BT have lengthy post match analysis. Unfortunately I think apathy will prevail but I’d love to be proved wrong.

Other public meetings are being planned in the near future and will be announced get yourselves along, don’t have to be ST holders.

Let’s not forget the boycott was going ahead until 3/4 days before some in the media then True Faith said it should be called off which undermined it. Damned if you do...

I personally feel we are seeing how fickle, not up for the fight and backboneless much of our fan base is. Anyone can sing ‘stand up if you hate Ashley’ but refuse to do anything else and then slag off those that are trying. Day out on the drink with the match being a side show for the vast majority.

Leazes Flags are doing something at 2pm tomorrow at old Eldon Sq re protest also.
    Last edited by Kingstonbob1; 18-01-2019 at 07:29 AM.

A sit in amounts to " I gave/ will continue to give " money to the fat kernt.
    The argument of "going to support the team " is nonsensical ... Ashley owns Newcastle lock stock and barrel , it's HIS team , HIS business model , HIS advertising on every inch , HIS neglect .
    Grow a pair and stay away .. The only answer

I just can't see the point in a protest and then either being or going to the match.What are the protests about?.By going to the game it is endorsing what Ashley does.

Even if people cancel their ST now they can go till the end of the season as they’ve paid anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    A sit in amounts to " I gave/ will continue to give " money to the fat kernt.
    The argument of "going to support the team " is nonsensical ... Ashley owns Newcastle lock stock and barrel , it's HIS team , HIS business model , HIS advertising on every inch , HIS neglect .
    Grow a pair and stay away .. The only answer
    Fully agree mate a sit in FFS what is that going to achieve other than the supporters getting cold.

The groups had him in the rack but fell for his Sky Sports spiel and now all momentum is lost

The only way to get rid of him is to stop going to the match and give up your season tickets at renewal.

He is just laughing at the supporters man if anyone can’t see that then you get what you deserve.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)