+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dross Coonty

Dross Coonty

It was in the Press and Journal today that Callum Morris is now almost certainly out for the rest of the season with a hamstring tear. He didn't play on Saturday which I didn't realise. They are now having major injury issues what with Fontaine out for the season also so it may be no coincidence that they are now leaking goals and losing matches. With Ayr now stumbling, could this finally, finally be it? Incredibly, despite being utter cack, we are closer to the top at this point of the season than we've ever been in the Fundesliga as we are normally having our annual implosion at this time but crucially have had this coupled with our nearest rival (first Hibs, then St Mirren) going on essentially a league winning streak at the same time. At this point that would appear not to be happening this year. Dare I say it, even though we are cack, I'm starting to feel the cards are falling our way.

If things are as bad as reported, they might just have some money thrown at the team to secure a defender or 3. Scobbie and Edje would be a good start!

Other than that, we will see what happens next Friday then Tuesday after that. Still need a keeper, RB and maybe a CB and striker as i cant see all the midfield cogs fitting in to do enough to win us this league.

I think the one we really need is Sow. If Neilson can pull that one off then we'd be looking pretty potent up front with Safranko, Sow and Cammy Smith playing just off them. We need to offer opposition more to worry about defensively which may in turn allow us to get more of a grip in the middle of the park. We live in hope!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I think the one we really need is Sow. If Neilson can pull that one off then we'd be looking pretty potent up front with Safranko, Sow and Cammy Smith playing just off them. We need to offer opposition more to worry about defensively which may in turn allow us to get more of a grip in the middle of the park. We live in hope!
    Keep Clark fit and that might just be enough to turn him, C Smith and Safranko into goal machines. After that i really struggle to see where others fit in behind them. Maybe there will be more moved on that what i initially thought.

I hear Archie Thomas has gone out on loan but dont know where but should be good for him. Glass next and hopefully that will set them up for next season.

Like I said in another thread

I think we need to relax now and to to enjoy the challenge of getting up this year, the worst case scenario is Neilson has a summer window to get us ready for promotion from the start next season

Best case is we get up this season (automatic or playoffs) , so let's not be edgy at games and embrace it, it's not win or bust now we have new ownership

Let's not let a desperation attitude manifest itself in the coming months transfer from the stands, be positive and see where it takes us, either way the future is brighter now than it was under Csaba and without the takeover

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Like I said in another thread

I think we need to relax now and to to enjoy the challenge of getting up this year, the worst case scenario is Neilson has a summer window to get us ready for promotion from the start next season

Best case is we get up this season (automatic or playoffs) , so let's not be edgy at games and embrace it, it's not win or bust now we have new ownership

Let's not let a desperation attitude manifest itself in the coming months transfer from the stands, be positive and see where it takes us, either way the future is brighter now than it was under Csaba and without the takeover
    'Relax and enjoy the challenge'... Hmm, yeah I did that for the first 2 months in this sh1t league. I have not been relaxed since and won't be until we get the f*ck out of it!

We have still to play both of the teams above us twice before the end of the season and somehow, despite some of the absolute dross we've watched this season, it's in our own hands to go up as champions. For there to be any chance of that however the players need to collectively grow a pair, rise to the challenge and stop shooting themselves in the foot when they have a chance to win games.

In Robbie we trust

By comparison with last season, after 21 games we are now 4 points worse off and yet were actually 8 off the top back then. As we know, St Mirren ploughed on, while we had further disasters soon after like losing to Morton and QOS at home. If we can avoid a New Year nosedive (and yes I know it's still a big IF), we should start to pull ahead of last season's points tally.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 18-01-2019 at 07:21 AM.

We need luck for a change, Ayr haven't been playing Shankland or Smith, are they leaving? mega egg on pus for McCall if so, that would be great! Seems the Ayr bubble is slowing bursting. Ross county struggling is also great but McGregor as the money and will give them funds to strengthen.

Hopefully Auchenleck Talbot will get stuck into Ayr tomorrow as well. If you know what I mean.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)