+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive clear out needed

Massive clear out needed

Out

De Laet
    Richards
    Bunn
    Steer
    Whelan
    Elmo
    Taylor
    Bree
    Elphick
    Lansbury
    Jedi
    Gary Gardner
    McCormack

In

Grealish
    Green
    Adoma
    mcginn
    horihane
    Tammy
    hause
    kodja
    hogan
    Ghazi
    Bjarnason
    Bolasie
    Kalinic

Tammy & Bolasie are loans and will be gone in the summer, you forgot Tuanzebe who is also on loan.

I like Green and think he has promise, will be interesting to see what Deano does with him & also whether he can make Hogan the player he was under him at Brentford. Harsh on Elphick and De Laet who have done nothing wrong & given a chance would perform at this level - same with Bree & Davis.

Bolasie heading back to Everton after exercising the option on his loan deal.

Glad to see Bolasie go. It was the most ridiculous signing Bruce made, we had a young lad breaking into the first team, with speed and flair, and we farm him out to Portsmouth, and bring in a crock on silly money. Barmy! Think Bruce was desperate to get the boot.
    Last edited by mondaze; 21-01-2019 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Must admit im kinda sad hes gone! This guy has many skills and great speed unfortunately we did not see it enough.
    He is a confidence player but i think he was still better than adomah?
    Makes sense to bring back Green as it is obviius now he was going back because he was not happy.
    Kodija will be next but i hope not.
    I do feel there is something going on behind the scenes, hopefully a big time charlie gone from the dressing room will harmonise everyone. I mean a guy earning a reported 80k a week and just not have to play may just have been brassing peopke off, we just dont know?

Out of interest this is the list of when player contracts finish.

Glenn Whelan 35
    Mile Jedinak 34
    Mark Bunn** 34
    Alan Hutton 34
    Tommy Elphick 31
    Micah Richards 31
    Ritchie de Laet 30
    Jed Steer 26
    Jordan Lyden 23
    Harry McKirdy 22
    Easah Suliman 21
    Callum O’Hare 21
    Kelsey Mooney 20
    Mitchell Clark 20
    Harvey Knibbs 20
    Jacob Bedeau 19

Ross McCormack 33
    Ahmed Elmohamady 32
    Albert Adomah 32
    Birkir Bjarnason 32
    James Chester 31
    Jonathan Kodjia 30
    Gary Gardner 29
    Conor Hourihane 29
    Aaron Tshibola 25
    Pierluigi Gollini 25
    Matija Sarkic 22
    Keinan Davis 22
    Andre Green 22
    Rushian Hepburn-Murphy 21
    Jake Hayes-Doyle 21

Neil Taylor 32
    Ørjan Nyland 30
    Henri Lansbury 30
    Scott Hogan 29
    James Bree 23

John McGinn 27

Jack Grealish 27
    Lovre Kalinić 33

Lot of deadwood thete Rosie but we must find a contract for Clarke and O'Hare, maybe Suliman?

The problem with massive clearouts, and I sincerely believe it is what we need, is that you then have to replace them, preferably with something better. There are at least two problems here, 1, Like it or not we are not the draw to players (unless on the sicknote) that we once were, this means more competition for average players which puts up the price, 2, We are not in a position to pay silly money for average players (not that I advocate this anyway) because of the ffp rules, which no-one appears to understand. I think until the recent rule change it was a matter of paying the fine, which our owners can no doubt afford, however since the rule change we would be more likely to be deducted points, which is a different risk altogether. I think Smith may have been selected as a man who can spot and bring on cheaper lower league players, and hopefully a few from our European connections, in a similar manner to wolves etc. Alternatively we hire a really good ffp lawyer, and let the owners buy our way out of this league

I think it is time for the owners to have a heart to heart with the fans. Lay out the fact that we have to buy Championship calibre players and we need to get behind them not slag them off.

I swear Blues are in the same part of the league as us because their fans are getting behind them and not groaning over a misplaced pass. Otherwise we would be 3-4 places higher than we are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)