+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massive clear out needed

To be Fair to the paying public, i did not here any chanting or calling for the managers head on Friday! Many just left at 3-0 but those left behind really got behind the lads.
    Weve sold ouy Away to Bretford& Stoke. If thats not getting behind them i do not know what is....2000 tickets left for WBA Saturday, another sell out.

Blues will dip, im sure but even now there ground is half empty. Fickle!

I hope they aren’t calling for Deano’s Head!

They need to lay off Kalinic, Hutton, Taylor, Jedi, Whelan, Hourihane and Bjarneson.

Apart from the odd idiot they're behind Deano, Jedi really jarred me off on Friday by messing up and then berating his team mates, he needs to show a different style of leadership if he is to continue playing for us. Taylor I'm afraid looks lost, very few rate him and I feel I've seen enough of him to be sure that he isn't good enough.

Hourihane - strange one, a bit of a square peg in a round hole when he's on with McGinn?

Kalinic already stateside! I've not seen him enough to agree or disagree but that's highly frustrating. How many crap keepers do we need to buy to get a decent one. If I was manager getting a decent one would be my priority. The last one we had was friedal and it's not coincidence that was the last time we had a decent defence. Maybe Johnstone? But we let him go to West brom. Even more frustrating Barry got man of the match the other day.
    Surely it can't be that hard this transfer malarkey.
    I said before the season starts to get an old pro between the sticks. Wolves got promoted with Ruddy.

Bong we were not in a position to buy Johnstone, I believe Kalinic will settle down as Nyland did.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Bong we were not in a position to buy Johnstone, I believe Kalinic will settle down as Nyland did.
    FFP rules at their best regarding Johnstone.

Nyland didn't really settle in tho did he? That's why we bought Kalinic.

Its all about the balance and the mixture, unfortunately ours has fallen on the floor and there's a lot of mopping up to be done!

I’m happy enough with Kalinic, he aint world class but all keepers carry a clanger or two around in their kit bag.
    Midfield is the problem, it offers no protection or ammunition, SJM can’t do it by himself. CH lumbers back at snail's pace, gives away crazy needless fouls around our box, wastes too many set pieces and needs too many touches. The flow stops when CH receives the ball. The El Ghazi and Adomah are out of the game too much, 5 or 6 touches a game. Whelan can only keep it going for 45 mins but not from the start when the opposition are fresh. Jedi is too slow and clumsy.
    Same players with the same problems that we’ve had for 2 years.

Very impressed with Mings from what I’ve seen of him. Energy, skill, desire and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    I’m happy enough with Kalinic, he aint world class but all keepers carry a clanger or two around in their kit bag.
    Midfield is the problem, it offers no protection or ammunition, SJM can’t do it by himself. CH lumbers back at snail's pace, gives away crazy needless fouls around our box, wastes too many set pieces and needs too many touches. The flow stops when CH receives the ball. The El Ghazi and Adomah are out of the game too much, 5 or 6 touches a game. Whelan can only keep it going for 45 mins but not from the start when the opposition are fresh. Jedi is too slow and clumsy.
    Same players with the same problems that we’ve had for 2 years.

Very impressed with Mings from what I’ve seen of him. Energy, skill, desire and strength.
    Agree with that Exiled.

Sam - Nyland was beginning to find his feet behind a shaky defence, I reckon the Kalinic deal was a long time in the offing.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Agree with that Exiled.

Sam - Nyland was beginning to find his feet behind a shaky defence, I reckon the Kalinic deal was a long time in the offing.
    Maybe mate, but any time the ball came to him I was worried

Would have to have kept Johnstone but it's just a pisser with the Fiat play rules that surely meant we couldn't pay £10m.

When was the last time we paid £10m?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)