+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAR in Scottish football

VAR in Scottish football

Will VAR be used live to review contentious decisions like the recent Morelos fiasco or will it only be used review goals and penalties etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    Will VAR be used live to review contentious decisions like the recent Morelos fiasco or will it only be used review goals and penalties etc?
    I thought it was just offsides, penalties and whether the ball was over the line for a goal or so said the commentator in the English cup game on tv this week. I could be wrong.

Unfortunatley VAR is only for wrongly awarded goals(offsides/fouls) straight reds, mistaken identity and pens

So the Moronos stuff can still happen. Our corrupt leaders will still get away with their crap

It eliminates human error supposedly. But "human error" is a very vague term. If the ref deems his mistake to stand then it stands. Its all about opinion rather than the actual rules of the game

VAR is not that great really.

An expense a poor(financially) league does not need
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 18-01-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I thought it was just offsides, penalties and whether the ball was over the line for a goal or so said the commentator in the English cup game on tv this week. I could be wrong.
    That's what I thought. To the best of my knowledge the meeting in Perth last night was to address the issues regarding refereeing and compliance officer decisions. I do not see what difference introducing VAR will make to the corrupt officials running or refereeing our game.

Just have the decision making officials from a different country, based in a different country.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Just have the decision making officials from a different country, based in a different country.
    Instead we will have equally corrupt extra weegies costing clubs more money. As thats three extra officials.

Clubs in scotland are not exactly swimming in pools of money like Scrooge McDuck

St Etienne v Lyon tonight.

First minute, St Etienne should have had a penalty. Stonewaller.

Didnt even go to VAR. So whats the point in it. If the guy watching VAR is a moron then there will still be f@ck ups galore

Keep it out of Scottish fitba. We are riddled with morons. VAR wont solve that

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    St Etienne v Lyon tonight.

First minute, St Etienne should have had a penalty. Stonewaller.

Didnt even go to VAR. So whats the point in it. If the guy watching VAR is a moron then there will still be f@ck ups galore

Keep it out of Scottish fitba. We are riddled with morons. VAR wont solve that
    VAR would solve it if it was a challenge based system like tennis. 2 challenges per half, which must be made by the manager. Challenges should be for e erything. Also it means you don't 2 or 3 video refs looking at footage constantly. One at the side of the pitch will do.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    VAR would solve it if it was a challenge based system like tennis. 2 challenges per half, which must be made by the manager. Challenges should be for e erything. Also it means you don't 2 or 3 video refs looking at footage constantly. One at the side of the pitch will do.
    Would you keep the 2 challenges if you win the challenge that would be good you could just spend all game challenging foul throws.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    I just think because its all down to perception. With what we have in terms of officiating it will still throw up shockers like in St Etienne but more of them due to their "impartial" perception

VAR cant rid our problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast