+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a shot on target

Finally a shot on target

Hendrick has been given the goal... we no longer are completely 100% shoite, we had a shot on target

Could this be the kick up the backside he needed to start his footballing revival and shut all the Hendrick moaners up.. I've always had faith in him coming good..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Could this be the kick up the backside he needed to start his footballing revival and shut all the Hendrick moaners up.. I've always had faith in him coming good..
    Unfortunately not alf, he is the agenda player such as Steven Jordan, Brian Easton et al were before him ----I'm surprised that he hasn't switched to left back.
    The fans always have to have a player that they can blame for everything and Jeff is the man of the moment. As I said the other week, he was even getting jib off a couple of fans behind me ---and that was when the lads were doing their warm-up before the match. You would not believe the torrent of abuse that prevails once the match has started --even last week --he could do no right! Very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Unfortunately not alf, he is the agenda player such as Steven Jordan, Brian Easton et al were before him ----I'm surprised that he hasn't switched to left back.
    The fans always have to have a player that they can blame for everything and Jeff is the man of the moment. As I said the other week, he was even getting jib off a couple of fans behind me ---and that was when the lads were doing their warm-up before the match. You would not believe the torrent of abuse that prevails once the match has started --even last week --he could do no right! Very sad!
    The last player I saw get so much dogs abuse Ashy was Derek Scott.. The crowd round me on the longside detested him,I always thought he was a 100% trier ,if not a very good footballer.. Nowt no stranger than football fans.. Just imagine being surrounded by a bunch of Alto's at a game..

The last player I saw get so much dogs abuse Ashy was Derek Scott.. The crowd round me on the longside detested him,I always thought he was a 100% trier ,if not a very good footballer.. Nowt no stranger than football fans.. Just imagine being surrounded by a bunch of Alto's at a game..
    Surely alto would be somewhere near the Directors' Box so that he could give Mister Garlick a hard time ---bloody hell ---I just remembered that I sit very close to the Directors' Box so I would have the bunch giving the players jip intermingling with alto's bunch giving the Board jip---- I think that I had better hope that the tinnitus really kicks in!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    OMG Brian Easton! Absolutely the worse player I have ever seen in a Burnley shirt and that takes some beating!

He certainly deserves to be awarded the goal, god knows why he wasn't awarded it in the first place, there are some right nobjockeys running football.

As for the goal kickstarting a revival in his form, I wouldn't get your hopes up Alfie. He scored a cracker not long into his career here, 25 yarder hit on the volley, screamed into the net, (possibly against Watford ?) featured on MOTD, some fans were ecstatic, you'd have thought we'd signed the next Steven Gerrard. Didn't make any difference at all, his inexorable decline continued.

Sub, while I have no time for any fans who get on our players backs, have you ever considered that perhaps there is no agenda with Hendrick, those fans just think as I do, he's simply not up to it ? You seem to have a problem with moaning fans in the BoB Lord, have you ever considered moving ? In the JHU around where I sit/sat, the fans would voice their opinion, but fans moaning about one particular player and singling him out for abuse were as rare as rocking horse ****. Get yourself over there, you might enjoy it more.

Many moons ago one of my ex-wives and our kids had season tickets in the JHU. One particular knob jockey sat right behind us could not desist from giving Paul Weller non-stop, constant, running dogs abuse. It was nearly Christmas when the Terrier finally snapped.
    The imbecile was told to either shut up or get knocked out, he remained stone quiet for the rest of the game, left early and mercifully was never seen again.
    It is not a player's fault if he is shoite but the manager keeps picking him. Weller will always be a favourite of mine for scoring two quite impossible goals, one against Wimbledon at the Turf and one against Oldham at Boundary Park.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He certainly deserves to be awarded the goal, god knows why he wasn't awarded it in the first place, there are some right nobjockeys running football.

As for the goal kickstarting a revival in his form, I wouldn't get your hopes up Alfie. He scored a cracker not long into his career here, 25 yarder hit on the volley, screamed into the net, (possibly against Watford ?) featured on MOTD, some fans were ecstatic, you'd have thought we'd signed the next Steven Gerrard. Didn't make any difference at all, his inexorable decline continued.

Sub, while I have no time for any fans who get on our players backs, have you ever considered that perhaps there is no agenda with Hendrick, those fans just think as I do, he's simply not up to it ? You seem to have a problem with moaning fans in the BoB Lord, have you ever considered moving ? In the JHU around where I sit/sat, the fans would voice their opinion, but fans moaning about one particular player and singling him out for abuse were as rare as rocking horse ****. Get yourself over there, you might enjoy it more.
    I moved to the Bob Lord from the JHU because of the same reason! I sit with two friends who have had the same seats ever since the Bob Lord opened and I enjoy their company so I don't let those moaners bother me, I was merely stating a fact that they are on players' backs about absolutely nothing.
    I have to admit that the moaners have been much more prevalent since we got into the PL than they were before ---probably didn't go when we were in the Championship!

I suppose there's no escaping them Sub, there was one guy sat just behind me who was a perpetual moaner, he was sat with four of his mates, and when he kicked off they just took the piss out of him, which made it funny really. Then I moved about five years ago and it was no problem where I was sitting until I packed up going.

But I didn't totally escape, there are only usually 200-300 on down Shawbridge, but there was one guy stood just behind us who really liked to get on certain players backs, and of course the players can hear every word, often they're only a few feet away and there's not much crowd noise to drown it out. I can't say whether he was racist, there was no racist abuse, but the two players he picked out particularly were both black. One of them was the brother of Axel Tuanzebe, who's on loan at Villa from United. He was only a ****ager, low on confidence, and you could see he was getting more and more afraid of even touching the ball. I was getting to the point where I was getting ready to turn round and tw@t him if he didn't button it, when my mate who's a big lad, a lot bigger than me, turned round and asked him firmly, but very politely and calmly to desist, as it was affecting the lads performance to the detriment of the team. He shut up, not another word, and for whatever reason he hasn't been seen since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)