+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green signs

Green signs

23-year-old winger signs permanently at Oakwell.

Barnsley Football Club are delighted to announce that Jordan Green has joined the Reds on a permanent contract, from Yeovil Town FC. The winger has signed a two-and-a-half year contract, with the option of a further year in favour of the club.

A skilful, pacey and attacking winger, Green brings flair and exhilarating speed to a Barnsley attack that have already netted 43 times in their 26 league games so far this campaign. Green has scored four times for The Glovers this season, as well as collecting multiple assists on the way.

Jordan’s last game for Yeovil, a side he has played for 68 times, saw him score the winner in a 0-1 victory away at high-flying Mansfield Town. He will now join up with his new teammates immediately.

Chief Executive Gauthier Ganaye was delighted to secure a target that the Reds had tracked for a while.

He said: “Jordan is an excellent signing for the club. Having spoken at length with Daniel about this position, we knew what we wanted to add. Jordan brings a huge amount of pace and has a direct view on football where he wants to attack and beat his defender to get to the box. This adds competition for places with Jordan, as he is coming here hungry to make his way to the starting XI.

“We’re pleased to welcome him to the club, I hope the fans get to see him in action very soon.”

That’s two out of the 4 I said sorted so far

Should this be blowing my skirt up? Well i did say we needed a winger.

Classic PR tactic of releasing news of this at same time as Moncur leaving.

Good luck to lad but I hope this is not the signing Goat worron abart to the lads at Burnley pillockin them that we would all be very pleased with a future signing after Potts ed gone.

Welcome to the club Jordan and hopefully you give us more than the two who have gone .

It would be the only scenario that can make any sense , finish above Luton and get the automatics or beat them in the play offs and get promoted .

Nothing else works for me .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 18-01-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Missed out on striker Andy Nelson from Sunderland he preferred Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Missed out on striker Andy Nelson from Sunderland he preferred Dundee
    The club said 2 weeks ago there was no truth in the rumour about Nelson.

We're signing Kismet Hardy instead

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    The club said 2 weeks ago there was no truth in the rumour about Nelson.
    Bill don't believe what this Mickey mouse club says been proven time and time again they tell porkies when it suits them

Welcome to Barnsley Jordan hope you do really well so we can sell you for a profit for our owners!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast