+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ins and outs

Ins and outs

So Raynes has been outsourced (!). DA promised one in this week - but the player got away.
    Anybody in the know about traffic either way?
    Who do we need anyway? Once the team is fit, barring transfers out, we shouldn't need anyone at the back. Midfield is okay but is an area that could be stregthened. The only way to improve up front will be to farm someone out to make way for a new face. Nicholls, anyone?

I don’t think the loss of Dandy Nicholls would be bad, but would rather see another CB or FB than midfielder. I reckon we’ve got 3 CBs in Ray, Ng and Nolan, with a Hunt as auxiliary back up. But we only have 2 RBs, both of whom are included in the list of CHs, and one LB. seems to me we have more midfielders than you could shake the proverbial stick at, and who do you leave out if Wintle, Green and Jones are all fit and we get another one in?

I was a bit surprised he let Raynes go this week, given the Nolan and Hunt situation, but it’s still a good move for us and him in the long run - memorable last match for him too.

Too many outs and not enough ins at the moment, the squad is not that strong at least 3 needed a FB and LB and a striker. Would like to see Nicholls and Lowery shown the door also to make way for a good defensive midfielder.

Nicholls, yes. Lowery absolutely not!

Just think he is a little small, I know not always a bad thing (messi) but in the middle of the park in lower league football you do need a presence. Happy for him to prove me wrong.

So anybody heard any snippets of gossip?
    What chance at least one of our own moving on for a few before the end of the month?

Fee not few

Preston have been an admirer of both Ainley and Jones so would not be surprised if they came back in for Ainley, Jones a bit to prove at the moment. There was a faint rumour that Peterborough were sniffing around Kirk or NG ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Preston have been an admirer of both Ainley and Jones so would not be surprised if they came back in for Ainley, Jones a bit to prove at the moment. There was a faint rumour that Peterborough were sniffing around Kirk or NG ?

Lose any of these players during this transfer window and any faint hope of a play-off place will evaporate. We need a lucky break now, no outs, no more injuries and perhaps a new face or two. Yes, it is possible to reach 7th spot, but for this to realistically take place, that away win on Saturday, now needs to become a regular feature during the next 3 months. Our home form is very good (now 4th in L2 at home) and at least we now have something to focus on for the rest of the season. Our fate is in our own hands, although others do have games in hand. Could do with maximum points from the next two at home. Tough ones though.