+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t democracy is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Leaving all other arguments against capital punishment aside, it is a scientifically accepted fact that DNA evidence is not foolproof. For example, police forensics can’t always be certain that the biological material they find at a crime scene actually was left there when the crime was committed. There is also the possibility of cross contamination.
    No foolproof but very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    No foolproof but very accurate.
    If not foolproof, then innocent people can still be executed

Sion Jenkins was found guilty of murdering his foster daughter, not on DNA evidence but on “unshakeable forensic evidence” then cleared after 2 retrials 5 years later.
    The system can’t be trusted to bring back hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Sion Jenkins was found guilty of murdering his foster daughter, not on DNA evidence but on “unshakeable forensic evidence” then cleared after 2 retrials 5 years later.
    Why not?

Have it in USA, Japan, Taiwan and Singapore.

Why not?

Have it in USA, Japan, Taiwan and Singapore.
    They speak Mandarin Chinese in Taiwan. Presumably you think we should follow suit?

Sally Clark is another miscarriage. Found guilty of murdering her 2 babies.
    Spent 3 years in prison before being completely exonerated. The experience turned her into an alcoholic and she died not long after being freed of alcohol poisoning.

Like I said the system can’t be trusted. In my opinion the countries who still have the death penalty are the ones who should change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    They speak Mandarin Chinese in Taiwan. Presumably you think we should follow suit?
    Low crime rates in those countries though (except the USA).

It wouldn't be for all murders, just the worst cases, like child murders and multiple murders, where the evidence is incontrovertible.

I'd also extend it to also rape of minors.

Sally Clark is another miscarriage. Found guilty of murdering her 2 babies.
    Spent 3 years in prison before being completely exonerated. The experience turned her into an alcoholic and she died not long after being freed of alcohol poisoning.

Like I said the system can’t be trusted. In my opinion the countries who still have the death penalty are the ones who should change.
    Yes Japan and Singapore which have very low crime and it's safe to walk the streets at night, they should change, not us

Loyal, long time no sharing a post my friend. I hear your points, however, if it affected you with a personal attack with the rape and strangulated murder of a loved one, I would think your views would change. Different circumstances can swing so easily.

Apologies for the graphic use of an example just needed something to highlight the topic.

NB. As for democracy is dead, should there be a pass for a second vote we might as well rip up every law in the land. leave means leave and nothing else.
    Last edited by Brin; 19-01-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Low crime rates in those countries though (except the USA).

It wouldn't be for all murders, just the worst cases, like child murders and multiple murders, where the evidence is incontrovertible.

I'd also extend it to also rape of minors.
    "Except the USA"? This fact makes absolute nonsense of your argument. And by the way as well as capital punishment in the States, they also have state sponsored murder, by allowing every nut-job in the country to buy guns.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast