+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t democracy is dead

We can't bring it back while we are in the EU but once we have left we could, be worse than the Brexit debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Loyal, long time no sharing a post my friend. I hear your points, however, if it affected you with a personal attack with the rape and strangulated murder of a loved one, I would think your views would change. Different circumstances can swing so easily.

Apologies for the graphic use of an example just needed something to highlight the topic.

NB. As for democracy is dead, should there be a pass for a second vote we might as well rip up every law in the land. leave means leave and nothing else.
    Hiya Brin, yeah I don’t come on here often nowadays, I prefer Twitter where I can chat with opposition fans as well as Millers.

Back to your point, in that scenario I’d flick the switch myself! Which I know makes me an hypocrite, but on the whole I just don’t trust the police or the system.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    We can't bring it back while we are in the EU but once we have left we could, be worse than the Brexit debate.
    Most definitely would be a massive debate but the final decision will held by MP's and not from the man/woman in the streets choice.

Hang serial rapists and serial murderers. Drug dealers too scum

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    "Except the USA"? This fact makes absolute nonsense of your argument. And by the way as well as capital punishment in the States, they also have state sponsored murder, by allowing every nut-job in the country to buy guns.
    Child killers like David McGreavy wouldn't be able to walk free though would they?

Oh wait, he is now a different person and he realises what he did was wrong. Forgot about that. Yeah let him go free and have a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Hang serial rapists and serial murderers. Drug dealers too scum
    How about people with ginger hair?

1. DNA evidence isn’t perfect or the be all and end all (no evidence is) https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ople-to-prison

2. Anyone here ever bothered to use the democracy we’ve all had access to and do something more than put a tick in a box once every few years?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Loyal, long time no sharing a post my friend. I hear your points, however, if it affected you with a personal attack with the rape and strangulated murder of a loved one, I would think your views would change. Different circumstances can swing so easily.
    I would have thought that someone in that situation would still want to be certain that the right person is hung. Examples such as the cases of Sally Clark, Stefan Kiszco and the Birmingham Six demonstrate that the criminal justice system can't always get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    1. DNA evidence isn’t perfect or the be all and end all (no evidence is) https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ople-to-prison

2. Anyone here ever bothered to use the democracy we’ve all had access to and do something more than put a tick in a box once every few years?
    So if they found seman in a child would you say that that's solid enough evidence to warrant the death penalty (if capital punishment was legal in this country)?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast